1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Record Store day help required

Discussion in 'music' started by Joe, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Good folk of the Pinkfish world I call upon your good natures.

I won't be in the country on RSD and I desperately want to acquire a copy of the Dylan Blood On The Tracks vinyl that is being offered.

Would/could a kind Fishy grab a copy of the said for me if they are getting things for themselves please?

( i have asked three local participating shops if they could in any way help me out and they all refused )

I may have to ask more than one person to try to acquire it for me to guarantee that I at least end up with one.

Sheffield area would be good but if you would be willing to post it to me then anywhere you are will be fine.

Can you help please ?

2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Joe, I'm in Notts and can offer to help if nobody more local can sort it out. I should hopefully be going down to my local shop early ish in the morning.

Failing that I think it's a big enough run that you'd probably be able to pick one up after the day, judging by previous years.

3. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

I downloaded a .xls version of the UK list from I forget where, and according to that there will be 2500 copies of the Dylan album for the UK. My understanding is that shops are allocated stock depending on how much business they did in previous years, so some shops will get more than others. I know the shop I went to last year still had copies of the mono Piper by Pink Floyd at least two weeks after RSD 2018, while other shops sold out within minutes. Of course that may also have been a function of increased demand compared to where I shopped.

4. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

I'd be happy to help, but as I'm hoping to get one for myself, I'd rather not be left with a spare if you get it elsewhere, as it may be a few hours after shopping before I get online.

5. Joe

Joe pfm Member

I will possibly be out f the country for a couple of months.Won't be in a position to get one a day or two later. Your help would be appreciated.

If you bought me one you would not be stuck with it...I will be more than happy to own more than one copy.

6. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

You need to be careful how many people you arrange with to pick up an extra copy - you could end up with a whole bunch of 'em!
    Having said that, if you guarantee to buy it off me, I've no problem picking up another copy (if possible).

7. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Joe, is this available from one of your trusted outlets in Sheffield? I'm happy to pay and collect on your behalf and can bring it to Laguépie in April/May. Send me a text/email if you want this done.
    Mick