1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Button LP12 + Hercules PSU.

Discussion in 'audio' started by Natara, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Natara

Natara pfm Member

I'm finding swapping the pulley over everytime I want to play 45rpm records which I do a lot a bit of a bore with my 33rpm only Red Button Sondek.

Has anyone tried the Hercules on an older Sondek are they even compatible or are there any cheaper alternatives as I'm really trying to keep thecost down on this deck?

Thanks

2. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Very easy installation for not much cost. I did red button to Hercules about 10 years ago.

3. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

I’m not aware of any cheaper ways to get electronic 45rpm.

4. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Totally compatible, easy to fit and will improve the sound to boot, do it, you won’t regret it.

TheDecameron likes this.
  5. sktn77a

sktn77a pfm Member

The only possible hitch I can forsee is that, if the motor is original, then it's over 30 years old. You might need to replace the motor also, if you experience any difficulties with the Hercules.

6. guydarryl

guydarryl pfm Member

7. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

They tend to last forever, failures are rare... if it’s noisy, put a couple of drops of sewing machine oil down the shaft, it’ll quieten it down. They’re quite expensive with the LP12 pulley attached so I’d only buy one if it’s needed, I don’t think it’s an easy task to remove the pulley from an old motor... that being said, if it does want a motor, there should be a few good motors kicking around now since the Lingo 4 comes we a new 12v motor.