1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Pro

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by eastone, Jun 6, 2019.

1. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Outstanding piece of kit incorporating Valve Preamp, DAC and Headphone Amp.

Battery powered, the bank of batteries will switch automatically to AC power when running low, and recharge without disrupting your listening.

Preamp runs off 2x6922 valves for 12db gain, switchable to 0db via a toggle on the rear. There are three line-level inputs and two variable outputs.

The Dac is also switchable, NOS mode using a single-crown TDA1514 chip, the 24-192 hi-res mode using a Wolfson chip IIRC. Fully discrete output stage (no opamps). Accepts USB (fully isolated), BNC and optical.

The headphone amp is Class A with plenty of drive - my HD650s posed no problems at all. Output is via a balanced socket on the front panel.

Unlike some combo units each of these elements is top class in its own right - I believe the DAC cost $2500 as a stand alone device. The whole unit would have cost $6000.

Comes in its original bombproof box, with the stock JJ 6922, one pair of Siemens CCA, one pair of Siemens E88CC and two pairs of (very nice) Russian valves.

Sonically it’s dead quiet as you’d expect. I’ve had battery Dacs before but running the whole preamp this way really brings out the subtlest details. Just stunning sound and easily the equal of valve preamps I’ve heard in the region of £3000.

Very solid build too and still fully supported by the designer Vinnie Rossi.

Oh and it has a remote for volume. And the sexiest power switch in the world.

Top condition cosmetically and a BARGAIN at £1250 inc. UK delivery.

Pics at the following link, will add them here when I remember how to copy the relevant bit of code from Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152975944@N08/albums/72157708960034003

2. eastone

eastone pfm Member

3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

4. eastone

eastone pfm Member

5. eastone

eastone pfm Member

I can let this go for £1000 with the stock JJ valves only.

Conversely, I also have matched NOS pairs of Siemens, Tungsram and National PCC88 that I can sell separately to the buyer of the amp.

6. eastone

eastone pfm Member

7. eastone

eastone pfm Member

A few nibbles but this is still here for now. A lot of kit for £1000 I’d say!

8. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Bump

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. eastone

eastone pfm Member

10. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Still here

11. Magnuska

Magnuska pfm Member

Good luck with the sale. I have the Vinnie Rossi LIO wich I like very much. The tubes combined with solid state makes the tone so right If you know what I mean:)
    Don`t miss the time when I had Naim, Avondale and Teddy pardo amps even though they were very good too;)

Regards Magnus

12. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Thanks Magnus

I’m a little surprised it hasn’t attracted more interest.

I can see that it’s a bit of a difficult sell, if for example one wants a preamp but not necessarily a DAC.

But I think the asking price is good value for any one of the components. The preamp is easily in the same ballpark as the Puresound L10, which is considered good value at 3K. The HPA is a good step above the Schiit Valhalla I had before.

I need to resist the temptation to let it go too cheaply!

13. Magnuska

Magnuska pfm Member

Yes your Isabella is of very high quality in each part so any potential customer will make a very good deal.

If its not working you could try selling it on its homearena, USA. Vinnie Rossi has its forum on Audiocircle and there is also a trading place.

I bet you will find a lot more interest there.

/Magnus

14. eastone

eastone pfm Member

I might just give that a shot.

A ‘new member’ just offered me £500 for it, didn’t take too long to mull that one over!

15. eastone

eastone pfm Member

16. johnny nocash

johnny nocash Member

Stay Patient mate, it's quality kit.

eastone likes this.
  17. ovlov854

ovlov854 pfm Member

I have the Red Wine Audio Cassabria which is a dedicated Headphone amp
    Sound quality is superb and a tube rollers delight.
    Highly recommend this Issabella

18. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Cheers Martin, it's a proper bit of kit.

19. eastone

eastone pfm Member

20. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Lovely amp still available