1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Refurb iPad 4 or new iPad 5 (mini)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by russel, May 25, 2019.

1. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

My trusty nexus 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth, unfortunately it looks like apple is now the only game in town. Used for cyber loafing, is the 5 better value for long term use? or should I just get a refurb four, would it last about four years?, I have had the nexus for six.

2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I too am contemplating a replacement for my old Nexus 7. One of the reason I bought the Nexus (which is still working though a bit battered) in the first place was because it wasn't an Apple. Why do you think Apple is the only game in town?

3. russel

With Google not interested in tablets then any new one will most likely not be supported after a couple of years, the good thing about the nexus 7 was that the updates kept coming, as well as it was nicely specced.

4. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

What do you use your tablet for?

IMO get the best you can afford; being a huge Android fan, iPhones imo don’t come close. But for tablets, the iPad is the best of the lot

The basic 9.7” iPad at c£320 is hard to beat for simple tasks and it’ll do about everything needed for a standard user

Rack Kit likes this.
  5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Does the Apple still obey the three laws of robotics?

6. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

7. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I can see why. I have seen a sharp decline in tablet visits on my website in the last 2 years. So far this month:

Mobile 3,804
    Desktop 2,340
    Tablet 623

My market is quite old too, I would say average age 45-50.

8. russel

I ended up with the mini 5, seems ok