1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Rega P25 with RB300 arm, oak, excellent condition

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by JTC, Jan 12, 2020.

1. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Considering changing deck (to maybe an RP8), wanted to see if anyone is interested in my P25. It's in great condition, and has the more attractive oak plinth, lid in vgc, arm in superb order (currently has an AT33 PTG anniversary in it but this will move to its replacement).

Quite a rare deck to see s/h, and I have no idea of its value or desirability, but it certainly sounds very good and is an easy deck to setup and live with.

If people are interested, PM and I'll get some photos taken. Will also consider using it in part-ex if anyone has a fancier deck that they're looking to downgrade from.

Thanks.

2. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

Need price to have any idea if I’m interested.:rolleyes:

£100 I’ll take it, £1,000 and I’ll leave it.

3. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Last one (black ash plinth) on Ebay was just under £500 but included cartridge, so around £400 would be ideal.

htm_1968 likes this.
  4. mad-moon

mad-moon pfm Member

I owned a P25 about 5 years ago...I sold it for £180.00 (no arm)..I see yours has the Oak plinth..is this not an annivesary model?..

5. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

With the RB300 as opposed to the RB600, I’d guess at £300-£350. They tend to hold a reasonable value because they’re so nicely finished. If you want a classic looking Rega deck, only the P9 beats it for looks and finish. I have a P5 and whilst its a step forward in performance, it is a step backwards in looks and quality of finish.

6. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Not sure if it’s anniversary or not - how do you tell? I reckon £400 seems fair but will consider close offers. Any less and I’d be as well keeping it in its box in case we decide to have a second vinyl system. Definitely worth £400 as it’s comparable to an LP12/Basik/Akito (which I’ve owned). And it’s a pretty thing

7. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

The P25 is the anniversary model. It was introduced to celebrate Rega being 25 years old. There is only a Rega P25, no such thing as a 'P25 Anniversary'.
    I assume the one you have is a light wood colour? If so, it is Maple, not Oak. The P25 only came in Maple, Cherry, Rosewood or Black.
    I had a Cherry one years ago, and bought an extra Maple surround, which I sold together when I got my RP6. Sometimes wish I still had the P25.

8. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

It looks identical to the oak table it’s on, and very different to my maple speakers, kitchen flooring or the insides of my maple drums :)

9. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

10. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

To be fair, looks pretty similar to the one in the link

11. notevenclose

notevenclose pfm Member

Arguably still the prettiest turntable Rega has ever made. Re the finish, I dunno the specifics, but I suppose if one uses real wood as opposed to the vinyl tree option then yes, you are going to see variations and ageing effects.

12. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

The Cherry one I had did get darker over the years, and when I sold was a bit more 'brown-ish' than 'red-ish'.

13. mad-moon

mad-moon pfm Member

Yes Jamie..that's it..I got my wires crossed a bit...P25 indeed means the 25 year anniversary of Rega...I guess..£350 - £400 with a 300 arm, would be near the mark..the one I had, I sold too cheap to be honest, but I got it at a good price at the time, and just passed on the saving..

14. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

I think this is much sought after and you can sell it for much more.
    At least £500.

15. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

May be with an RB600, but it only has a 300.

16. amazement

amazement pfm Member

That's what I was thinking too.

17. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Me too, I’m not trying to detract from this sale, I’m just being realistic.

It’s still a gorgeous looking deck and I’m sure it’ll fetch more than a Planar 3/2000.

18. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

PM sent.

19. Bolet

Bolet New Member

PM sent

20. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

Are you there?