1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Richard Allan Class A (Sugden A21) rebuild

Discussion in 'classic' started by Arkless Electronics, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

He saw the last rebuild on here and got in touch but AFAIK he isn't a fishy... 3 days 24/7 warming my gaff and no issues so ready to go back to it's owner... and sounds lovely!
    It's hard to part with some jobs when you've put so much effort into 'em:)
    A Radford STA25 I completely "blueprinted" in the same way as has been applied to this job was probably the hardest to let go... Se la vie:rolleyes:

Dowser likes this.
  2. stevej

stevej New Member

3. stevej

stevej New Member

I am the owner of the Richard Allan amp that Jez refurbished/rebuilt. It is like a new amp and still kicking in. It carries a very Sugden indefinable sound and is powering some Klipsch speakers very very efficiently. I am really pleased with the work Jez has done - so much so I am having a similar rebuild to another amp. Jez is a careful worker and real patience is a necessary quality in waiting for the anticipated return of your amp - it is well worth the wait. And I am not known to Jez or sponsored in any way by him. I have been reading some of the previous [at times aggressive, to put it mildly] material about him and would just like to say that in my opinion he does an excellent job if you are willing to be patient.

4. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Quality takes time, no doubt about it

5. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Actually this one is not your RA A21 Steve but belongs to MattJ of this parish... Yours was much more extensively rebuilt than this one with all the resistors and transistors replaced on top of all the work carried out on this one:)

I take it you've seen the thread on your latest one? https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/sugden-a21-series-ii-rebuild.224295/ Collected by courier 3pm today BTW

Oh and welcome to pfm!

6. stevej

stevej New Member

Apologies - but the main drift of my comments still stand!

7. fiveamp

fiveamp New Member

Another new signup here although long time lurker. Enjoyed reading much stuff, but this one engaged me in particular, currently owning a Sugden A48II, T48 tuner, 33/303, a couple of TL12+, umpteen turntables and whatever.