1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Richard Wagner Der Ring Des Nibelungen Sir Georg Solti Vinyl Box Set

Discussion in 'music classifieds' started by jackbarron, Oct 2, 2018.

1. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I have a Richard Wagner Der Ring Des Nibelungen Decca Vinyl Box Set by Sir Georg Solti to sell.

It goes way over the five albums rule, but I hope this is okay. I certainly won't sell the opera's 22 LPs and Libretto separately.

The opera's four dramas were recorded by Sir Georg Solti and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra between 1958 and 1965. Considered by many to be the finest ever performance of Der Ring, it was released in 1970.

The green and gold hard box set is famous for its presentation. I will upload pictures tomorrow.

None of the 22 albums look like they have been played, apart from the Introductory pair. They are in excellent condition.

Each of the four dramas has a holder for their respective albums and a large booklet with a stiff cover. There is also a Libretto.

The box set is pretty heavy and I would prefer for it to be picked up from near The Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London SW10 9NH.

I would like 200 Pounds in cash for it. I have seen some being sold on eBay and elsewhere for over 250 Pounds, so this is a reasonable deal.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Jack

2. suzywong

suzywong The Man who had no Naim

Ooh, that it tempting, but what with already having two Ring cycles..........

3. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Der Ring is kind of addictive.

I have been trying to bring the box set down in price, but can't figure out how to edit the page. Think I'll put up a new one tomorrow.

Jack