1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

ROKSAN RADIUS 5 & NIMA ARM

Discussion in 'audio' started by oceanobsession, Aug 12, 2010.

1. per flemming

per flemming Registered User

Not sure what Nima arm's are worth these days (excellent arm) however the Radius 5 are one worse solution, in my book I'd much rather have a Rega.

2. oceanobsession

oceanobsession pfm Member

I do like the gyrodec se model but its £1000 plus arm

3. sul42

sul42 pfm Member

The price you're paying though for arm & deck is OK. All I was trying to say is that for some reason the Radius is being marketed as if its in the same sort of bracket as the Gyro when its not. I downgraded from a Gyro to a Radius to raise a bit of cash and I regretted it. That's not to say the Radius was a disappointment, its just not a Gyro.

I did enjoy the Nima though, and its still the only unipivot I have owned so far. Takes a little time to setup, but its OK once you've got your head around the general principle of the thing. A really simple arm that people go nuts for, its just seems to work when there really isn't a lot there. Aluminium tube with a bit of perspex glued on the end and yet somehow it sounds great.

4. Julian H

Julian H pfm Member

Have a look at Radlett Audio website. Nice Gyro + Techno

5. frazzermac

frazzermac New Member

Hi, I've got a one & I use a Reson Reco MM cartridge... Does anybody have any other suggestion? I use a Cursa 3 with MM board so I can't use a MC cheers in advance...

6. RHCD

RHCD pfm Member

There was a nice new in box 5.1 on eBay at the weekend: I asked the seller to confirm what finish it was since it was a stock photo on his listing and got such an angry and rude response I abruptly changed my mind about buying. Would have been a bargain, but I lost interest...

7. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

Ah, the power of marketing (not).