1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

RSD 2019

Discussion in 'music' started by matt j, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I suspect Paul Motain was like every drummer I’ve ever met in my life in that when you asked him to sound-check he’d play very subtly with brushes, but when it came to the gig/recording take he’d really smack the things with sticks.

Seriously, *every* drummer!

2. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Not Motian on this one, but what you say is still valid!

I remember Fripp saying it about Bill Bruford (and John Wetton.) Not brushes, but you get my gist...

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Indeed. Given the circumstances of the recording it’s amazing it sounds as good as it does. I wonder how much tweaking was needed in the mastering?

4. Marchbanks

Norman Records currently have it listed as a restocked item.

Elephantears likes this.
  5. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Many thanks for letting me know; I've just ordered it.

6. Marchbanks

Great - always nice to do a good deed. The wine will taste even better tonight. Hope you enjoy the album. And maybe the second batch are all gold...

7. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Anybody's Kirchin LP pressed a little off centre?
    The spindle hole is a little too large on my copy (worse on Side 2) but I must admit can't hear any problems:rolleyes:;)

My other RSD purchase 'Turks Fruit' OST is fabulous!

8. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

The spindle hole is a little large on my copy as well and if I look very closely at the tonearm from the front I can just about make out a little side to side movement that looks slightly more on. my side 1 rather than 2.

I can of course with my 'Golden Ears' easily pick out the distortion this causes on Evan Parker's saxophone and the bird like sounds towards the inner grooves at the end of side 1. ;););):confused::)

irons1965 likes this.
  9. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

Not me brother - never, ever used brushes. Always whacked the damn things as hard as I could, whether practising, soundchecking, or actual gigging.