1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Rush 'Clockwork Angels' on vinyl

Discussion in 'music classifieds' started by madscientist, Apr 6, 2020.

1. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Does anyone have a copy of 'Clockwork Angels' by Rush on vinyl they would sell? PM please

2. stereosteve

stereosteve Member

There’s a few on eBay, but they are a bit pricey.

3. bodicus

bodicus pfm Member

https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/clockwork-angels-lp.html

It is not showing as out of stock, so you might get lucky. From the US probably which will mean two things. Both of them unpleasant, so you may not be so lucky!
    1) Postage may be scandalous
    2) Pressed by Rainbo
    I have two copies. One still sealed. The copy I opened required a replacement disc 1, as it was so badly pressed off-centre. Disc 2 is off-centre too a bit so I just drilled it out. Life`s too short to worry about label damage. I assume the sealed copy is a similar bag of the proverbial. Almost everything I have that was pressed by Rainbo was seriously faulty for one reason of another. If it`s absolutely necessary to have a copy to play I`d go for the EU pressing. I don`t have one but I`d say the Pallas pressing is excellent to stellar - they usually are (Neil Young lp`s notwithstanding :)). It`s not much better than the cd, so don`t expect miracles either! (Played on an Oracle Delphi btw).

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4835484?ev=rb

Mad money for sure, but they seem to be thin on the ground recently.
    Hope you get a decent copy for decent money.
    Cheers,
    Dave.

4. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

5. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have ordered a copy through Metal Scrap records (EU pressing) and will see how this goes. Much better than the >£150 prices on Ebay.

bodicus likes this.
  6. bodicus

bodicus pfm Member

7. moomaloo

moomaloo pfm Member

Did it arrive?

8. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Not yet it is still in transit apparently...damn you covid19.

9. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

I want one.

10. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

So do I, mine seems to have vanished into the ether

11. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Good news is the album has finally landed after 6 weeks. The bad news is both records are badly warped (pallas pressing). They play ok but look awful as they spin around on the turntable. I will have to keep it as I will.not be sending it back to the Ukraine...

12. bodicus

bodicus pfm Member

I use two sheets of toughened glass approx 14" x 14". Ton of books on top. Few days close to the radiator or not too hell yeah heat source usually does the trick. I wet vac first though.

13. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Thanks for the tip I will give it a go.