1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Schiit saga pre amp

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by hifinutt, Nov 12, 2018.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Lovely pre amp which has a very engaging sound , used with a brimar valve . simple and easy to use , quiet as a mouse in operation . vol clicks as you use it

selling as using freya and its too good to sit in storage . boxed . prefer collection if you can , then i can demo .230 collected or 250 posted [costs 26 quid by rmsd] . birmingham

[​IMG]P1060391 by , on Flickr

2. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Tempted to try this against my Velleman, does it have the remote?

Thanks,

Mike.

3. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ha , thats funny mike . i have just been comparing it to my modded velleman 3020 !!! I would say that the velleman has a slightly thicker sound , bit more weight , and is good . the saga with the upgraded brimar valve is clearer in sound and i did find the velle a bit wearing recently as the Ta`us can have a fair bit of bass and it was just a tad too heavy with the velle

using with the firebottle monoblocks the saga has tremendous synergy . i was going to keep it but i feel someone else should try and i need a centre speaker !!!

it does have a very modest remote but i never use it

4. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Ok ta, maybe not for me then but I'll keep an eye on it, it's it sells it sells ;)

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Yes I do like the little velleman so see how you go. Saga Must be one of the cheapest valve pre available and it feels well made .not used it much in passive mode but the option is there

6. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Maybe a YouTube video of the pre in action will help with the sale

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ha ha , not sure i can find one !!! :)

8. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

I did try but there wasn't one you'll have to make your own :)

hifinutt likes this.
  9. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

An intriguing little pre-amp but can you how help me understand how one valve can affect the output for two channels. I am sure it is possible, I just don't see how it would work - I am an electronic Klutz so keep it simple if possible.

10. bbbiker800

bbbiker800 pfm Member

Can't see why this hasn't sold quickly. I did a lot of US research on the Saga & Freya and its an excellent box as evidenced by the HIFI World review of it. I tried to buy Saga but had a lot of trouble over 6weeks or so with the UK/EU supplier who had stock issues. I placed an order for a Khozmo instead; arrived in a week :).

If I didn't have the Khozmo then I'd snap this one up.

GLWTS HiFiNut !

hifinutt likes this.
  11. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

The valve is essentially two valves in one tube, one side is left one side is right.

12. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

That explains it, thanks.

13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

14. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

15. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

16. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Just PM’d you.