1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Second Hand Hybrid Cycles

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Brown Bottle, Aug 19, 2019.

1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I choose mudguards. Cycling miles with a wet arse is uncomfortable at the time and possibly for several days after. I’d also attach a mudflap to the front mudguard to help preserve the chainset.

2. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

And have you got some nice Lycra?
    Cycling is the new golf. You have to have all the gear.

3. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Apart from a helmet and hi viz I cycle in jeans and trainers on this, never had an issue.
    But then I'm not doing an average of 30kph over 70k every day!

[​IMG]

It suits me to a tee, plan to do the coast to coast on it next year.
    Highly recommended.

4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I wear a cycling bandana under my helmet to keep the sweat off. Wash bandana with the rest if my kit. Keeps the helmet padded inserts in better nick. I've also washed them on occasion.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-summer-bandana/

5. I was aching a bit last night when I went to bed and fully expected to wake up feeling like I'd dropped the soap in the prison shower, fortunately I feel fine today. Now trying to get away from the office to get out on it again!!

Cheers BB

6. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Take a tip. If you do the C2C, buy some cycling shorts beforehand. I'm not suggesting that you dress up like Lance Armstrong, just get some proper cycling shorts. They can be baggy or tight, and you can put normal shorts on over them if you want. Just avoid the normal grundies and jeans until you get to the pub at night, because trust me, if you cycle a decent distance and the seam of your jeans wears a hole in that bit of skin between your wedding tackle and your fundamental orifice, you will not like it. You will like it still less if you cycle the next day.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  7. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

:D