1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sgt Pepper 50th remix.

Discussion in 'music' started by chris@panteg, May 26, 2017.

1. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

is that the same video for 'Penny Lane' etc, where they are shown riding horses, etc? If so, it was also partly filmed in Stratford, London. Very near to where my home used to be.

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Physician, heal thyself. ;)

3. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Yes that's right.

4. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

One of my favourite bits of the album is the last bit of Lovely Rita that meanders on for longer than you think it should, vamping on the piano etc...and then goes into Good Morning Good Morning, where they seem to invent alt rock. The drumming on the latter is ace.

ian r likes this.
  5. Ptah

Ptah pfm Member

Are we talking 1967 original here? (like my mono one :) )

6. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Mine is:
    'Stereo PCS 7027' on a black and white Parlophone label.

Plus:
    331/3
    ( YEX.637 )
    P 1967

I have no idea what this means, but no doubt a Beatles' expert would
    know.

7. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

Original Sgt Pepper should be yellow Parlophone.

FWIW

Paul

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

One boxed EMI logo is 1969 two box 1970s.

9. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

If the label has 'EMI' anywhere it is not a 1967 vintage Pepper, to clarify.

No idea about values. Last time I looked 67 Pepper stereo wasn't worth anything much, mono perhaps a bit more.

Paul

10. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

11. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

So my mono version's a first pressing. The sleeve is in very good nick, got the card cutout & the red/white sleeve. The vinyl itself is not much cop unfortunately.

12. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

I have just landed a nice 1st press mono copy from fleabay, it sounds fabulous much better than any of my later issues. Now searching for affordable mono 1sts of Rubber Soul, Revolver & The White Album

13. GaryT

GaryT pfm Member

Good luck with Revolver. The very first pressing was withdrawn as George Martin didn't like the mix of TNK. Goes for big bucks now, although not in the stereo, gold Parlophone PPM range.

14. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

The 6-disc boxset is currently £90.86 delivered here @ Amazon - a saving of £20 or so on launch price. Still too much for me considering all I really want is the blu ray disc, but still, a saving nonetheless.

15. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

Im curious about the bluray hi res part too. Is it a significant step up from the CD layer?

16. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

It includes a multichannel mix which is all I'm interested in. I can't say whether the stereo version on the blu ray is better than that CD, but hopefully, someone who has both can say one way or the other.

17. jimi

jimi pfm Member

You need a mono 2nd of Rubber Soul it sounds better than the first press which was withdrawn because of sound quality issues, I have both copies and a 2nd press does sound better.

18. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

My lad bought me the cd for Fathers day and must say it's fab. There does appear to be a slightly thick congested sound to the mid bass but I feel like I've finally heard it as it should be-wonderful.

19. Ptah

Ptah pfm Member

I'd recommend a first pressing stereo of 'Collection of Beatles Oldies' (yellow Parlophone label). Sounds superb.

20. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

I am pleased some here are kicking the asses of the SH forum over the SQ on this release....it sounds fantastic.