1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sgt Pepper 50th remix.

Discussion in 'music' started by chris@panteg, May 26, 2017.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Perhaps we need ‘When I’m 64bit.’

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Sarge, would you say it’s the definitive one?

3. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

I think the original Mono is probably the best, but it is purely down to preference.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Were you on holiday again?

5. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

Who knows mate, who knows.:D

6. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I picked up a copy of the single-LP 50th anniversary in ASDA earlier and I'll give it a clean and play later tonight. Fwiw, I'm not a big fan of demos and outtakes, so the chance to buy the remix vinyl without the extra disc was one I wasn't going to pass up - even if the price of admission was a somewhat steep £20.

7. windhoek

I just played the LP and it sounds great - I can see why people were saying the vinyl version is the one to get because of it's improved dynamic range.

8. Vince Parkin

Vince Parkin Active Member

How many times now has this been remixed, re-released, brought out too many times now. I like it but people are paying too much for so called 'better' releases. In my opinion any hoo

9. windhoek

I think there are only four mixes: the mono and stereo mixes from back in the day, and Giles Martin's stereo and surround mixes from 2017.

10. Vince Parkin

Vince Parkin Active Member

Thanks for that...I thought it was more but we live and learn, cheers windhoek