1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Shahinian Compass

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Snufkin, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Lovely looking and sounding pair of Mark 1 Compass speakers - £850

I started using them with an A&R A60 as these speakers don’t have the low impedance dips of their bigger brothers so I would consider them easy to match regarding amplification. Recently I have been driving them with a Bel Canto Class D amp rated at 75 watts into 8 ohms and they sound very, very good. Although quite happy with lower powered amplification, like many good speakers they respond well to a bit of grunt.

Compasses have a surprising amount of depth to their sound considering their driver size and image very well for a semi-omni speaker. They have a small footprint, are an easy speaker to live with in terms of position and take up less space than many stand mounts. As if all of that wasn’t enough, they are probably the best looking speakers I have ever owned

No boxes I am afraid so collection or meeting up would be best. I am in Berkshire.

Rana likes this.
  2. Spenagio

Spenagio pfm Member

3. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

A bit darker than those but otherwise very similar. If you pm me your email address I a can send you some pictures.

4. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

Great speakers - elegant and unique. Interestingly, looking at the pictures from the Wam, they look very familiar and seem to be the pair which i have in my lounge in front of me as i type :)

5. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Pictures dispatched to interested parties.

6. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

I suppose I should try to sell these....

7. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Late January bump

8. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

As much as I like these speakers, I am not using them so they need a new owner. I am open to offers....

9. Cato

Cato pfm Member

Hi - can you please pm me some photos ? Many thanks !

10. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

12. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

They need a new home - £775....

13. Fieldmusic

Fieldmusic New Member