1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Should England hold a referendum to leave the UK, leaving Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ff1d1l, Nov 4, 2019.

?

Should England hold a referendum to leave the UK, leaving Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. glancaster

glancaster In the silicon vale

The UK is a single sovereign nation. Aside from the basic geography of the land, it isn't clear what belongs to each of the constituent parts. If you think Brexit is a PITA, you ain't seen nothing. Engexit, or Scotexit for that matter, would be far, far worse. To start with, imagine that Boris Johnson and Nicola Sturgeon were somehow enchanted into getting married, having kids, a shared bank account & mortgage, and an all-in 'what's yours is mine, what's mine is yours' kind of relationship, then woke up many years later as their normal selves and wanted to get divorced. Like that, but more so.

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Who are they? Do they exist outside your head?

3. glancaster

glancaster In the silicon vale

OK, you got me there. But no banknotes are legal tender there.

4. Michael J

Michael J pfm Member

Of course not, they are only promises to pay, not in themselves payment. That is where the Scottish bankers messed up in centuries past, by recycling promissory notes without having the coin to back them up.

5. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I'm totes up for it. Fascinating to see the outcome of that.

Being such a small union, I think it appropriate and good manners to invite all 4 nations to a referendum like that. After all, we would all be affected in some way if one left.

6. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

Even a feeble minded idiot could work out who they were because I was talking about the SNP. For some obtuse reason which I am struggling to understand you profess to not knowing.

7. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

In that case they didn't understand what they were voting for.

8. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

Is it a Full Moon tonight?

It does not follow that because Remoaners want another Referendum that people who voted to leave did not understand what they were voting for. Remoaners are hoping that they will change their minds which could be for a variety of reasons in the same way that people voted to leave for a variety of reasons and not as some on this forum will have you believe that it was because they were all just Little Englander Tories and xenophobic and racist to boot. Len Mccluskey could hardly be accused of being a Little Englander Tory now could he?

Brian likes this.
  9. TheDecameron

Ok so it’s the SNP that ‘hate the English’ to quote you. No show your examples.

10. TheDecameron

Is the google finger overheated?

11. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

You muttering on to yourself again?

12. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Is this you?
    [​IMG]

narabdela likes this.
  13. TheDecameron

We’re experiencing a thread haunting,

[​IMG]

14. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

As with Remain voters they were in the minority.

15. TheDecameron

How about a little more patriotism round here?

16. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Seems to be a fairly large dose of Scottish patriotism here.

17. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Lol.

18. TheDecameron

19. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Definitely! The sooner we are rid of Scotland, Ireland and Wales, the better.

20. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Would that be the 5000 Faslane well paid jobs? For every shipyard job there will be 4 or 5 supply jobs.