1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I replace powerlines with mesh wifi?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Alex S, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

Is the colour due to political bias? I think we should be told...

2. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

...I thought the red might be a tad angry.

3. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

Oh. Nonetheless, I never Hoover ‘back there’ since I discovered a one inch layer of dust with the odd dead fly is an excellent cable insulator.

4. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

Have you blind tested this theory?

5. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

Yes and no.

Gaycha likes this.
  6. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

anything in CAPs is angry

7. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

Hence the original caveat.

8. gintonic

caveat is similar to the sentence about racism that is prefaced "I can't be racist, some of my friends are black".

"sorry I might sound angry, but I am not really because I caveated my sentance"

9. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

Those usage terms are caveats also. Not all caveats are the same. That's a caveat too BTW.

If you wish to apply same magnitude to something unrelated and plainly emotive that you oddly introduce, you carry on. Perhaps you can start another thread. Someone maybe interested.

10. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

I don't find all caps shouty, but it's hard to read a sentence or paragraph in all caps.

All caps has its place — it's good for signs and registry designations on starships. Gets your attention and looks awesome.

[​IMG]

I know what you're thinking. FFS, does every thread have to have a Star Trek angle?

Yes, yes, they do.

Joe

11. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

I’M GETTING THAT! OH, IT’S NOT A ROUTER.

12. gintonic

no they certainly dont

From the AUP:

posted by idiots with nothing better to do

13. Joe P

Gin,

Also from the AUP: "pfm believes strongly in freedom of speech and will edit or delete posts only as a last resort, i.e. to remove libellous, racist, sexist, homophobic or personally insulting statements."

Your post was a blatant AUP breach, the kind that could get you banned by a moderator.

Joe

14. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

Joe, concentrate on designing routers that look like spaceships; sure fire winner with the under tens and over sixties.

15. Joe P

Alex,

It would be a small, niche market, but the devotees are très devoted.

Joe

16. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

You should try reading block caps printed with a 9 pin dot matrix printer. When I worked as a business advisor we were presented with a business plan like that. At least it was only about 4 pages but the text seemed to swim before your eyes.

foxwelljsly likes this.
  17. Rana

Rana pfm Member

I also use the Tenda MESH system. It's inexpensive, and whilst it originally was a bit unreliable, with downloaded upgrades all my three mesh routers are now very stable and work a real treat.

18. Joe P

cctaylor,

Ugh, I've seen such typographic abominations. Thankfully, over formatting is largely passé, but I still get the occasional document with text set in bold, italics and underline at the same time. Not shouty, but man is it hard to read.

Joe