1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I 'up sticks' and head for the land of smiles?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by zygote23, Jan 11, 2020 at 8:27 PM.

1. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

If I take a career break I am guaranteed a return to my place of work for a few years at least. My current principal has advised against a resignation...instead opting for break. That way I've all bases covered.

I'm about to take a call with ref to Korea and KS3 science......sounds fun.

2. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

It sounds really exciting. I wish you all the best - and please keep posting with your experiences.

In 1997 I walked into the office one morning and my manager's manager pulled me into his office. "We have an office opening in San Jose (silicon valley). I'm going out there to run it for a while and I'd like a few people to join me to help get it started". I had no house, no girlfriend, no significant possessions to store so I said yes. It has been an interesting, life changing experience. I wouldn't recommend moving permanently to the US (terrible healthcare, terrible work/life balance) but experiencing living abroad is something everyone should do if they have an opportunity. You realize that UK weather is actually pretty good, and the incredible gift of universal, free at the point of use, modern healthcare. (And that British people grumble a LOT about Britain, but there are MUCH worse places).

Mike Reed likes this.
  3. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

LOL I think I'd rather die before I would move to the USA or even Australia for that matter....horses for courses of course.