1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Shower mixer recommendations please

Discussion in 'off topic' started by AV8, Mar 14, 2019.

1. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Triton one looks ideal :

[​IMG]

twotone likes this.
  2. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

The Triton one was very nice to operate, tried a Bristan before & that was absolutely smooth as silk, 3 times the price mind although the dealer reckons he could knock 40% off that.

3. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Use Bristan and Grohe, both excellent. It’s not really the sort of thing you want to skimp on because if you buy cheap and have a problem, it will cost you a fortune in labour to fix.

AV8 likes this.
  4. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

We have an Aqualisa Quartz digital and it’s really excellent. You can get a remote button to go outside the shower (or by your bedside) so you can let it get to temperature before getting in the shower. It comes as an exposed or concealed version. Aqualisa are really helpful if you need to contact them.

twotone and AV8 like this.
  5. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Aye turn off the water to the house/shower undo two nuts remove shower mixer and reinstall with new shower tighten two nuts and turn on water and test.

Takes me about five minutes unless accesss to stop cock isn’t good so probably a non plumber about fifteen minutes.

TheDecameron likes this.
  6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Cheers Tony. Appreciate the reply.

twotone likes this.
  7. Linds

Linds pfm Member

Maybe we’re just fortunate with our pumped shower mixers but at about 3 seconds to be at temperature I can’t see any benefit in starting it in advance, even less so if a cubicle door is lying open. What’s the idea, press the button then count the known number of seconds or wait around wasting water until it’s definitely at temp?

8. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

Quite handy to have the control some distance away so you don't have to dodge cold water.

I tanked the bathroom floor and put the shower controls a metre away, no claustrophobic enclosure to bash your arms on and when I enter my dotage next week it's intrinsically accessible.

9. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

I just installed one of these and it does the job nicely. Loads of variants to choose from

10. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Whittled it down to three choices now :

Mira Agile

Bristan Artisan

Triton EXE Lever

All decent enough, wide variety of prices, my favourite is Mira Agile, that looks lovely as concealed connections, oozes quality beyond belief & such an easy fit system. Just need to take the next step in payment justification :rolleyes:

Triton

[​IMG]

Bristan

[​IMG]

Mira

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    twotone and ian123running like this.
  11. Ellenor

Ellenor pfm Member

Very good showers.

Personally in my house I have a Grohe built in shower and it’s been fine for the last 12 years.
    I recommend Grohe or Mira. The Grohe bar mixers are nicer than the cheaper alternatives. I fitted a Bristan Artisan yesterday, thought it was about right for the money but nothing special (horrible plastic handles).

twotone likes this.
  12. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

If you have a combi boiler it takes a little while to get to temperature so you can press the button, have a wee, and then it’s ready. The main controller on the shower itself flashes blue until it’s ready, so there is no need to count! The remote is quite pricey but Aqualisa very kindly gave it to me for nothing when I bought the shower itself. It’s actually really handy especially in the winter when the water starts really cold. You just need to remember to put the curtain across before pressing the button...

13. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Had an Aqualisa power shower for years

Since 2009 have a very wide shower head, about 12" which spreads the water about very nicely.
    Don't know the make
    Megaflow system in so good pressure.

14. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Ended up buying the Triton in a shop today as the online Mira order, through a well known online plumbers, went pear shaped due to their incompetence.

For the price, £90, it is excellent build quality with nicely weighted brass handles, not plastic.

[​IMG]

twotone likes this.