1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly things you believed as a kid

Discussion in 'off topic' started by deebster, May 15, 2019.

1. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Just reading this took me back to when I was a youngster and thought that when a song was being played on the radio the artist was in the studio playing live.

Another one was thinking that vertical gravestones meant the bodies were buried standing up.

Over to you.

domfjbrown and Jonathan like this.
  2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Father Christmas

3. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Fairies

4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I thought His name was short for Godfrey

6. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I came home from Sunday School singing "Sing to Santa, sing to Santa, sing to Santa he's the king of kings!", much to my mother's amusement.

Later on, aged about 9 or 10, my mate Andrew and I had the whole sexual reproduction thing sussed. The man climbed on board, stuck it in, had a pee and that was that. We both understood it. Obviously. To be fair we were 9 years old and that was the only stuff we'd ever seen come out of it.

7. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Priests live inside their church
    Teachers behave flawlessly all year long

8. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

as above - god and jesus..

and monsters under my bed.. :D

9. BTC3

BTC3 pfm Member

That records/cassettes were all recorded one by one; at the time I didn't get the "selling millions" thing...

Oh, and aged not much at all, that a dog with tongue lolling was actually a dog with a slice of ham sticking out of its mouth.

10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

As a retired teacher I have to ask what you’re getting at here

11. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

that Porsches were for posh people

Dozey likes this.
  12. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

That crab apples had crabs in them (I blame an elder sibling for that, the bastard).

13. herb

herb music live

That everything that exists was measurable.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  14. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Davy Crockett was my hero, possibly still is

Bloss

15. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

That 'my' piglet at my Uncle's farm every year I went there from the age of 4 to about 12 was the same one.

Similarly - that the one (particularly large and obstreperous)) hen I was always a bit cautious of wouldn't actually come in behind and peck children viciously if you went into the same uncle's workshop when he wasn't there.

16. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Alan Davis from no 64 convinced me his white wooden garden fence was electrified

Wilson likes this.
  17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I used to think that you had to understand how a thing worked, before you could make it. You couldn't just blindly replicate the bits.

18. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Perfect examples for our youth in everything they think, say, do or omit, at home just as perfectly as in the classroom.

19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Strawberries was it?

20. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Well, that certainly sounds exactly like me!