1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleb nude selfie shock

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Blzebub, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

2. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

We do live in a world of idiocy! I wonder how American taxpayers feel knowing that the FBI is wasting time and resources to track down some poor bugger who has done nothing wrong.
    I wonder if it might not be a publicity hoax.

3. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Katie Price has changed her password to 1234567

4. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Bloody typical, we get voicemail hacking with Steve Coogan and the Yanks get naked pictures of Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis.

Pictures or it never happened :)

5. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

You are making that up, everyone knows how she counts, its "one, two, lots".

6. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

Nice timing for the iphone 6 launch in a aweek

7. auric

auric pfm Member

4Chan4nudes:eek:

ps whatever you do please do not click on this link http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161094 which may increase your Google-fu at the expense of gaining a place upon one or more watch lists.

pps some have suggest that accessing the link via a vpn passing through seven proxies will help as would creeping in via Tor. You have been warned;)

8. Minstrel SE

Minstrel SE These go to eleven

I mean who uploads such pictures to places that can be hacked? Its almost as if they want to be caught out.

Its brain dead behaviour or publicity seeking. I wouldnt let anyone take compromising pictures of me. Wheres the standards and dignity :)

Its like this Tulisa thing...yes film away.....ooops have you released it to the mass media.

9. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Does anybody know where, at least, I can see these pictures? I think I/we deserve it after wasting time posting about the affair.

10. auric

auric pfm Member

11. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

It's not an insecure password issue though but a more sophisticated hack of iCloud. And that many people using iPhones are not aware that their photos are being backed up to the cloud.

12. matthewr

Viewing the pictures is at the very least an invasion of privacy and may also constitute an offence (although it's not completely clear who would arrest you).

13. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

If you are famous and you take electronic stills or video of yourself nude and then are later "shocked and appalled" when it ends up on the web you are incredibly naive or not too bright.

Methinks all of these celebs are secretly loving the publicity.

14. matthewr

Except that the number of people affected is rather too widespread for the old "accidental" sex tape leak to be the full story here. And from what we know so far unlike previous incidents computers were definitely hacked.

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

It's not as aimple as a dumbass celeb using "1234" or "password" as a password. The computers were hacked by a brute force attempt, where the hackers use a computer to plug in millions of passwords, maybe thousands a minute, until one works. This can take weeks, months or years but the computer doesn't care. Where Apple have fouled up is that they don't have a timeout feature or a 2-level password, so these attacks can succeed. The better solution (as used here on PFM search) is to make it impossible to have thousands of tries a day by insisting that you can only do it once avery 30 seconds, or to double the wait time after a foulup. This way your first go takes a second, you foul up, 2 seconds, then 4, 8, 16. You as a real person can still have 5 goes at logging in within a minute but a computer needing millions will be waiting for years.

16. Greg

Greg 2t5b

On one hand, it's an invasion of privacy, quite probably a criminal act, it highlights a disconnect between Apple's iCloud policy and the perception of its customers and raises questions about iTunes password reset.

On the other hand...
    ... Well.. the other hand is busy.

17. auric

auric pfm Member

If people have assets they value then a little thought about how to keep them safe might be in order. If people with assets they wish to keep from public view do not have enough knowledge to do such then I would expect paid staff to undertake that task.

18. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

I'm somewhat concerned that this place will be hacked one day and we'll get pictures of Mick P wearing nothing but a Hi Cap.

19. auric

auric pfm Member

20. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

What's so special about seeing a celeb naked? I can't believe even the FBI have fallen for the whole celeb nonsense. Still any country that votes a film actor as president and another one as a Governor for the biggest economic state clearly has endemic celebrity issues.