1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleb nude selfie shock

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Blzebub, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg 2t5b

the fapper doth protest too much

2. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

erm, any chance? :rolleyes:

3. Unregistered

Unregistered pfm Member

4. auric

auric pfm Member

Frappuccino anyone?

5. Greg

Greg 2t5b

lol

For all those folks who grab themselves a batch torrent, just be aware at least one of the 'slebs' is under-age in the pics. (there I go on my moral high-horse again :-| )

6. auric

auric pfm Member

A honey pot?

7. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

8. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

"Gigantic humming and whirring computers"... These Cloud places sound very scary.

Seriously though, there are humans involved in running these Cloud services and human beings can be corrupted so they'll never be 100% secure.

9. Harry1212

Harry1212 pfm Member

Even the Queen is stark bollock naked under her clothes . . .

I REALLY couldn't give a shit about some nudie photos; wasn't it Eve's fault for munching that bloody apple that shame over nudity started ?

Let's all grow up for fvcks sake

Cheers, H. ;) ;) ;)

10. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Daily Mail reporters search for naked images on 'Giant computer.'

:D

Stephen

[​IMG]

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The Harwell Dekatron, the coolest computer ever! I've actually had a play with it!

12. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Thanks to PMs from 2 pfm members I now see what the fuss is about. Thank you both! But the photographs are all very tame compared to what one can often stumble across on the Web, even without trying. To my tastes, they range from "boring" to "a bit disgusting."

Still, these people must either be stupid to put them on Icloud, or be not too unhappy if their names get into the media. I, for one, had never even heard of most of them.

13. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

Given that there seems to be a disproportionate public interest in viewing celeb T&A pics, it is absolutely daft behaviour to upload the pics anywhere at all. It's like leaving your car unlocked with the key in the ignition, then complaining when someone nicks it. In those circs, your car insurance company would not pay up.

IOW, there has to be some "duty of care" over your personal privacy.

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I hope the valves are cryo treated and matched.

BTW I've always said Britain has the best boffins in the world.

15. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

Just a thought that has crossed my mind. For those who are climbing aboard their moral high horses, have they themselves seen any of the pictures?

If so, they are just as bad as all of the other fappers...

16. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

My first question is why people want to take pictures of themselves naked or having sex in the first place. It's not something I do.
    Maybe I'm odd.

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It's so much better than that:

It uses dekatron tubes and works in decimal rather than the usual binary so you can actually see / read it's memory stores in action. I want one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  18. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

I suppose you might forget what you look like, or something. Some sort of mirror-type device might solve that one.

I think it is called "narcissism".

19. Greg

Greg 2t5b

nice to know.

20. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

From the current Apple iCloud Privacy Policy (emphasis added):
    I suggest that to the layperson, statements like this tend to carry the impression one is exercising duty of care by utilizing such a service over one making no such claims, and I further suspect Apple intends that to be the impression.

In any case, your analogy is off target. Storing information with an ostensibly secure service, with personal password protection (even of dubious quality), is more like parking your car in your home garage with a standard lock that most garage doors have, and putting the keys in the drawer in the kitchen next to where you keep the cling wrap and heavy-duty aluminum foil, with an occasionally locked door and an 11-year-old chihuahua between the car and the keys. Certainly not the level of security one would find surrounding the crown jewels, but it's what everyone does, and it would take several criminal acts for someone to deprive you of your vehicle, even if it was ultimately not all that difficult for them.

Insurance would pay up without batting an eye.