1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

so No mention of D'Agostinis Beatles vinyl reissues? 180 gram at £9.99?

Discussion in 'music' started by ian r, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

White Album now in Tesco £24.99. This is one of the 5 I intend to buy from the series so picked it up last night.

Sadly not a top opening sleeve, but it is embossed and comes with really high quality reproductions of the photos (glossy) and poster.

Played Side 1 this morning. Vinyl is flat, perfectly centred and weighty. Quality sounds good albeit not immediately stunning as I found with the Abbey Road. Might be because I was playing at 730am semi-detached volume. Looking forward to listening more later cranked up.

My runouts:
    MPO WHITE ALBUM A
    MPO WHITE ALBUM B i...i
    MPO WHITE ALBUM C2
    MPO WHITE ALBUM D i...i

2. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Playing my copy- again , quiet, smooth and it sounds great.:cool:

3. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Playing the next instalment...... 'Rubber Soul' again sounds quiet and very good indeed.:cool:

4. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Picked up a copy of Rubber Soul from my local ASDA today. It sounds very good.

5. suzywong

suzywong Shifting 0s & 1s since 1968

Anyone know when the next one will be out?

6. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

This week, they seem to appear in my newsagent on Thursday or Friday.

It's Magical Mystery Tour this time.

7. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

Doesn't the issue depend on when you started your subscription? I waited a month or so for the initial reactions to the pressings and then subscribed. My last disc was "Help" about four weeks ago.

Pleased with the SQ so far especially "Abbey Road" (but not overly impressed with Pepper's)

8. artist

artist pfm Member

I started my subscpition over a month ago I have not received anything.no reply to my email.i think I should cancel and just buy the lLp's that I want

9. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Playing Magical Mystery tour now again it sounds superb, quiet.

l am the Walrus- what the blooming hell is that all about?;)

10. chris@panteg

chris@panteg pfm Member

A serviceable villain :)

11. suzywong

Got MMT at Tesco this afternoon.

12. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

What do you think?

13. suzywong

I don't actually own any Beatles LPs apart from the DeAgostini series - yes, a parlous omission which I am in the process of rectifying; especially as they and I are "of the same era". Got a few 45s though.

So I can't offer any thoughts on SQ, and how it compares with previous releases, other that the lead in/outs are very quiet; this has been noted before with this and the Jazz series.

The songs are, of course, well known to me and it's been really nice to listen to them again.

Curiously, I'd got it into my head that MMT was originally an EP, rather than an LP. But at my age I start to forget,..er, um...stuff :D:D

14. julifriend

julifriend pfm Member

It was originally a double disc EP with booklet. It had the number MMT-A1 and was in mono as you would have expected. I think it became an album for the American market. The six songs from the EP formed the A side with 5 contemporary singles (Hello Goodbye, Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane, Baby You're A Rich Man and All You Need Is Love) on the B side.

15. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

It's my wedding anniversary today and my wife has advised she is buying me the full DA set...so I'm in!
    Started with MMT...first 5 to arrive in the post shortly. MMT compares v well to my mid 70s US pressing. At least this way I will have everything in same uniform format/issue etc.

16. lsinclair

lsinclair pfm Member

The only one I want now is Revolver. I've made a note in my diary for September 1st - would someone be kind enough to check my calculations for me?

17. RickyC6

Just signed up to subscription today...anybody done this part way through the series? Just hope it all gets in synch eventually...person on the phone was 100% clear.

18. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Revolver 01/09/2017 we cannot wait that long.:D

19. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

I've got it down as 30th August based on dates others appeared in my local Tesco. I'm after that one too!

Does any one know why there is only Sgt Pepper available as a back issue on the deAgostini webshop?

20. RickyC6

If you ring up you can back order them all.