1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

So that's the climate f****d then

Discussion in 'off topic' started by avole, Jun 1, 2017.

1. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

It's fascinating to see people leap to such wrong conclusions about me. In an odd way, it gives me hope.

2. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

I wouldn’t suggest wading through all their publications, but the club of rome website is worth a look, if only for the grandaddy publication of them all, « Limits to Growth ». Still very much around, of course, and indeed issued a 10 point declaration with the European Parliament.

3. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i'm fascinated by the fact you made any sense of the rambling post above yours.

4. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Ya know, the people who realize the severity of this issue probably ought not fight amongst themselves. We need a unified front against those who don't understand science or do but choose to ignore it for ideological reasons.

Joe

5. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

You don't know the half of it. It's been considerably revised from its initial state.

6. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Probably a safe bet the people who watch the ads on gas pump LCD screens won't mind this either

[​IMG]

It may not technically be collapse but it sure smells like it to me.

7. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Stall doors next? Waterproof wouldn’t be enough, they’d have to be self-cleaning.

8. boneman

boneman pfm Member

That is just shocking.

9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

10. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Forgive me, but since there's not much activity for Climate maybe Collapse will be more popular?

[​IMG]

Probably not ...

11. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

12. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  13. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Publication from a different planet. I don't even know how to fill in the obscured part of the logo.

(This post referenced a now-deleted post that showed cover of fashion mag.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  14. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

15. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

How about that pair of big depressions in the northern Pacific!

16. rough edges

rough edges pfm Member

The New Green Deal is a great movement, but according to Bendell, it may be 30-40 yrs too late.

Brian

17. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

I'd call that a reasonable assessment. The UN is slowly but surely getting around to publishing what climate scientists have known for sometime. such as: Meanwhile, rapidly thawing permafrost could even accelerate climate change further and derail efforts to meet the Paris Agreement’s long-term goal of limiting the rise in global temperature to 2°C

Then there's that huge stick in the spokes known as Global Dimming that posits if you were to address existing atmospheric carbon in a meaningful way, and thereby mitigated the estimated 4-5% dimming of the sun's rays due to carbon release, it would increase overall warming.

It's all one serious Debbie Downer.

Edit: This is just devastating ...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/natu...world-biodiversity_n_5c49e78ce4b06ba6d3bb2d44

Business Insider? Whew ... nearing critical mass.

https://www.businessinsider.com/signs-of-6th-mass-extinction-2019-3/

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  18. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

19. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

20. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

Right. I’ve jumped back thirty years andstarted refusing all extraneous packaging, as in accept cornflakes, but demand all else not be sold as part of the product.So far that includes two blenders and an iphone, plus countless items such as any food wrapped in plastic.

Response has been 99% positive and includes the manager of a well known supermarket chain who disciplined his staff member for refusing initially to accept my request Best response? That of a pretty but severe girl at the local sports shop whose replies had been terse until I mentioned the packaging, at which point she suddenly burst into a big smile and kissed me on both cheeks.