1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Spare 555PS (no irony intended)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Maxbertola, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

I understand it's not something that one has put in a cupboard and forgotten it, but if someone has an unused 555PS, any age but cosmetically and internally in order and unmarked, I might be interested in it.

Thanks for looking

Max

2. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Don't you go over-committing Max. "I might be interested in it". Steady.

By the way, if Scarlett Johansson finds herself at a loose end in Leeds anytime soon and wants a dinner date, I might be interested.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy pfm Member

May be worth contacting the ebay seller and making an offer. At the price he is advertising it should be dr at least, and possibly even serviced too. Two friends have bought used 555dr’s for 4k each, which were both less than 2 years old and both included a powerline. His price is way off.

5. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

Thanks anotherdom, thanks Mr Happy: I think I'll contact the seller and see what can be done.
    stevec67, I see your point.

M

stevec67 likes this.
  6. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim pfm Member

That seller obviously has unrealistic expectations...I doubt he will go down to a fair price quickly..

7. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

What is your idea of a fair price?

8. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Those sold on here recently were advertised at c£2200-2400, and the last one to sell by auction on eBay UK went for £2525.

Doesn’t help that the Naim price for a new 555PS DR now looks to be £6599, and they’re still offering an attractive price for the DR upgrade (£1600) which is probably holding up used values.

Then there’s the question of which sleeve finish any particular buyer prefers - at one stage the brushed anodised 500 series casework attracted a premium, then it wasn’t available...

9. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

I see your point too.

10. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

And BTW, if I had to be careful about plus or minus £200 – that could serve for food at home or shoes for my children – I wouldn't be such a moron to buy a 555PS.

(Info: the Italian retail of the 555PSDR is currently €9500.)

11. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

Sorted, thanks.