1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Joe P, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

2. Joe P

I'm gonna park this picture here —thanks anonymous man who sent it to me, man — then use it when the situation calls for it.

[​IMG]

Joe

Avinunca likes this.
  3. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Is this your holiday home?

Stephen

4. stephen bennett

Don't worry. Literally, nothing can be.

Stephen

5. stephen bennett

Yes right ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stephen

darrenyeats likes this.
  6. Joe P

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

In Quebec of course it would have to be in French first...

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

9. Joe P

Sector Zero, Zero One: The Tranna System.

Joe

10. Joe P

11. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

13. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Remainiac Terrorist

In the midst of my excitement I notice it is on Amazon. I don't do Amazon.

I'll wait for it to get to Netflix or iTunes I suppose.

14. Joe P

Swampy,

I'll get it through Crave TV in Canuckistan in early 2020. Wants I should beam the episode into your brain using the Talosian mind illusion?

Joe

15. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter

I’m out. Streaming (especially app-based) TV was going to save us from the shitty deluge of useless cable pay-per TV channels you never watch but have to buy as a package — but in the end streaming became a fragmented mess of over-leveraged expensive services that you have to buy into just to watch a single TV show.

sean99 likes this.
  16. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

Patrick Stewart is a sexy man. I shall be watching it.

17. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Absolutely the way it is. I cancelled Prime not long after Fleabag season 1 ended, then picked it back up for a month's charge ($12) to watch season 2. Being a cheapskate not wanting to pay $2 a show for Fleabag, I tried to gorge other stuff .... failed miserably -- I'd exhausted it already.

You have to wonder how much income these services rake in simply because people are too lazy to cancel or think they'll miss something with a scheduled release or yet to be put online. I can see a department with metrics people figuring out release dates to maximize membership.

18. lazycat

lazycat pfm Member

Great-Grandad p@rn. Ugh.

Can't wait to watch it tho'.

19. Gaycha

Gaycha pfm Member

Lol. Didn’t quite mean that, despite my moniker. I mean, a Ferrari GTO is a sexy car but.....
    :)

20. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter

The downside is not being part of the cultural zeitgeist anymore, unless I nick it, but I don’t really know if I even want to engage with it at even that level anymore.

The upside is I am getting into DIY ‘zines again which is micropayment-Levels of money which helps a person pay for their monthly Walgreens scrip. I don’t know if I even want a /Netflix/Amazon/Disney/Apple+/HBO/BBC sub anyway. I watch a movie or show and I forget about it half a day later, I can’t begin to relate the number of times I’ve gone, “haven’t I seen this before?”