1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Joe P, Jul 23, 2019.

1. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

ah yes, my favourite combat outfit of all time:

[​IMG]

very practical that the top serves as pointy weapon.

2. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Vuk,

The top could be Jiffy pop.

Joe

Hook likes this.
  3. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

No. But I think I need to.

Stephen

4. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

there was show called "beggars and choosers" in the 90s. a satirical look at an unscrupulous TV network in LA. one of their hit shows was a racy late-night feature called "unregistered nurses". it always comes to mind when i am working on one of my health-care applications in which "registered nurse" is a staff category. that poster also triggered the thought.

stephen bennett likes this.
  5. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

[​IMG]

MichaelC and Joe P like this.
  6. DavidS

DavidS pfm Member

Yup , I particularly enjoyed this episode.

7. tuga

tuga European

I've bought the whole Star Trek - The Next Generation series in DVD from eBay to watch with the kids.
    I was in my mid teens at the time and found it quite good

The boys got all excited with the really cool boxes but the first episode was so dull that at one point I thought they were going to give up... Fortunately episode 2 was nice and may have been enough to save the day.

[​IMG]

8. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

The first two seasons are pretty rough going. Think of watching them as an investment, which begins to pay off with Season 3.

cctaylor and tuga like this.
  9. stephen bennett

Maybe Discovery will be like that? Not holding my breath ...

Today, a series needs to hit a high from the get-go or it's over.

Same with bands—no more long term planning. You need hit right way or you're fired.

Stephen

10. bob

bob pfm Member

Todays episode is the best one so far by a long way, I can't wait for next Thursdays series finale.

11. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

VERY Star Fleet. Rationalized nutrition, no more calories than required for activity level, all pleasure in well-disciplined moderation!

12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Magnificent finale!

but what was the turntable?

stephen bennett and Hook like this.
  13. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Episodes 9 and 10 of Picard were, in a word, awesome!

Looking forward to season 2, though I understand filming will be delayed due to the pandemic.

14. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

It was a Dual of some sort.

Debbie Downer here, I thought the finale was silly. Knowing that the series has already been renewed for another season sort of takes the suspense out of certain things, and leaves one only to wonder how they'll contrive it.

15. stephen bennett

That was brilliant—they resisted the temptation to spoil it with a digital fight to the death.

I wish they'd done the upgrade though!

7o9 bats for the opposition?

Stephen

cutting42 likes this.
  16. mansr

mansr Well-Known Member

The fact that the moment I think you're talking about occurred with 15 minutes still to go was also a dead giveaway, and the solution had been not-so-subtly hinted at in the previous episode. The whole thing was basically a parade of typical Trek plot points delivered in the most predictable manner possible.

17. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Didn't wonder about that either. And I do hate these fleets of starships that deploy wingtip to wingtip in 'tactical formation.' BTW, tell me again why starships have wings?

On the other hand, I thought the attempts at philosophizing about the meaning of life and stuff were actually interesting, cool to find in TV entertainment.

18. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

7o9 bats for 'let's solidify a cult following in a certain market segment,' he said with a level of snark....

19. stephen bennett

Starfleet ones don't.

Which makes their occasional sojourn into the atmosphere really irritating.

Stephen

20. stephen bennett

I would have been funnier to make a 'Borg' version of the Sondek—still upgrading it in the 22nd C.

Stephen