1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Stereo amplifier

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by springer, Jan 11, 2019.

1. springer

springer pfm Member

My son's Denon PMA250 has just given up the ghost - won't power on. While I look into the cost-effectiveness of repairs, just wondered what's out there with the fishies. Budget is somewhere between zero & £50, so not expecting bells & whistles. Needs phono input for his PL12DII, driving some old Mission bookshelf speakers. Cheers.

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

A&R A60 in teak?
    50 notes but needs collection from E Cheshire cos I have no box.

keithsnaim likes this.
  3. springer

springer pfm Member

Phono stage?

4. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

A&R A60's have a phono stage, usually a mm and that is a very generous offer, I would grab it.

keithsnaim likes this.
  5. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I have a Rotel Integrated going spare, with phono stage if the A&R isn't suitable for you.

6. springer

springer pfm Member

Thanks ffts - any details?

7. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I sent you a message, springer.

8. springer

springer pfm Member

Anything else out there? The Denon is officially kaput - transformer dead .

9. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

where are you based springer ?

10. springer

springer pfm Member

Haworth, UK

11. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ah thats a shame , i hope to help a friend change his system and he has one of those amps but its miles from you

12. Magic

Magic pfm Member

Would you be interested in another PMA250?

I have a nice looking, fully working original that I could do for £50 inclusive, or £40 if you want to sort out your own courier as I'm in Essex.

No original box, but will be well packed.

13. springer

springer pfm Member

Thanks Magic, but I paid £50 for his unit around six years ago, so not sure I can run to that now. Cheers anyway

14. Magic

Magic pfm Member

OK. I was basing it on prices on Evilbay which are all above £50 before posting.

I have a remote control Teac integrated with a built in phonostage if that’s of interest. Not sure about the model, but I can check this weekend. I’ll do that for the same price.

15. Stesas

Stesas Member

I have a primare i32 going up for sale obviously more than you want to spend

16. springer

springer pfm Member

Haha, yes! Thanks anyway. Trying to contact Bob about the A60 but no joy....

17. Stesas

Stesas Member

Mine is available but prob over budget cracking amp tho