1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugden Masterclass ANV 50

Discussion in 'audio' started by simon g, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Musicraft

Musicraft Trade: Musicraft

There is not a single loudspeaker I've used the Masterclass ANV-50 with that has made the ANV-50 flinch. Masterclass ANV-50 feels as though it has a nuclear power supply as power delivery is instant and brutal :) It's an assault on bass drivers :cool: All in a nice way though while still retaining Sugden's signature presentation :)

Simply remarkable :)

2. PerF

PerF Member

Pretty much interesting if it rivals the A21

3. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

They are absolutely clear that it's NOT a class A amp, but they don't think it matters because they think it sounds like one of their class A amps.

So what we need is someone to listen to this new one and one of their Masterclass Class A amps in the same context -- I'd do it myself if they had a dealer near me, but there isn't one.

Musicraft likes this.
  4. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I’m sure it sounds good regardless. Would like to have a listen but it’s out of price range and I already have two Sugden amps. If I was spending that much I’d have another A21SE.

5. Musicraft

The Masterclass ANV-50 doesn't rival the A21 but exceeds the A21. As good as the A21 is however the Masterclass ANV-50 is light years ahead.

6. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Which A21 are we talking about?

7. gx502

gx502 pfm Member

Sugden specs state: Gross Weight (packed) 10kgs

That sounds very light even for a quality class A/B amp.

8. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Class J? Or is it Classkless?? :D

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Yeah, everybody else hated it... ;)

uncl_nigel likes this.
  10. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

It's pure class:cool:

lordmortlock likes this.
  11. Radfordman

Radfordman pfm Member

This tells all about class

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  12. Musicraft

The A21 line. A21 Signature and the A21SE.

13. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

The A21 signature is the week A21 over the past 50 years. The SE is a cracking amp, much loved by Patrick at Sugden. If it sounds a lot better than that I would be surprised.

Musicraft likes this.
  14. Musicraft

As good as the A21 and A21SE are however much to my surprise the Masterclass ANV-50 is light years ahead. Like I said the ANV-50’s power delivery is instant and brutal not to mention it’s transparency while still retaining Sugden’s signature presentation.

The Masterclass ANV-50 marks a new approach for Sugden and long may it continue.

15. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I’d love to have a listen to one, especially given it’s a different approach from them. Hope you’re selling a few.

Musicraft likes this.
  16. Musicraft

If you're ever in our part of the world then you're more then welcome to have a look and listen to the Masterclass ANV-50.

17. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Where are you based?

Musicraft likes this.
  18. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

Musicraft likes this.
  19. Musicraft

Derby.

20. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I'll stick with my A21 thanks, it's not possible to be "light years" ahead, slight exaggeration to say the least.