1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Superfi liquidation auction

Discussion in 'audio' started by Stunsworth, Mar 28, 2019.

1. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

Fast forward to 2030 and Linn publicly announce the Sondek LP12 of 2030 will be the last

2. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

The 15% + 20% actually works out as 38% on top the sale price.

sale price of £100 + 15% = £115 + 20% = £138 or 38%

hifinutt likes this.
  3. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

which is a lot

4. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

It will have been limited to 30 for some years.

Pete

5. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Active Member

Thing is with streaming you can still tell poor recordings from good ones (tidal Hifi) and streaming is brilliant for finding music you would never have heard of or got chance to listen to if I find something I like and sounds good I will order it on vinyl 99% of the time the vinyl is a good pressing as well. I really don't think vinyl will ever disappear its very collectable and does have its own unique signature a lot of young folk are now in to vinyl hopefully a hobby for them for the rest of there lives. I really did believe vinyl was dead when the CD arrived look how wrong that was.

6. onlyconnect

onlyconnect pfm Member

I don't see the problem as long as you are aware. It is factored into the price you can offer.

Tim

7. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Yep, factor it in. The creditors are losing out, not you.

8. TonyScarlett

TonyScarlett pfm Member

I'm with you up to a point, I also use Tidal to discover new music & if I find something I really like will buy a physical copy on CD or vinyl. I worry that the resurgence of vinyl especially with young people is just a fad, there are already signs that the increase in sales of vinyl is levelling off. Put it this way, if I was the new owner of hmv I definitely wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the vinyl basket.

9. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Vinyl sales are still about 10% of CD. I don't think it will grow much, definitely a fad for the young. However, if you have a decent collection you will always need something to play them on

10. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

Bumping to let people know there is 1 day left to bid. Items I was interested in have gone too high for me (to break for parts) but there are still one or two items with low bids so you might be in luck if you are interested in something that is not popular.

hifinutt likes this.
  11. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Don't get it, The Kef LS50 speakers currently have a £600 bid which will cost the buyer £840 at the end of the auction on a pair of speakers than only cost £800 new.

Are people really this stupid?

Rack Kit likes this.
  12. Spike

Spike pfm Member

Yes!

Rack Kit likes this.
  13. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

The sort of people who cannot work out how they will have to pay in the end.
    One reason I don't go to auctions, getting caught up in the show can be expensive.

14. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

And the merry go round continues. Got visions of them appearing on a auction website for £900 :D. Surely buying new you would receive a warranty as well.

15. Markyb

Markyb pfm Member

Aren't the KEF LS50 Wireless £ 2,000 and not £800 as shown here?

16. simon g

simon g Taking a break from forum

The Chord Hugo 2 is already at a price which, when all fees are included, will be higher than a brand new one from an authorised dealer with warranty.

If anyone is after the Arcam UDP411 I'd give it a wide berth. It looks like it may well be the one they sent to me as 'ex display', which arrived very poorly packaged, with the incorrect remote and a disc in the tray which had led to transit damage!

There's one or two items on there I would have a go at if they didn't insist on me having to register a debit card (not credit cards) with them. That's just asking for trouble, IMO

17. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Yes - they have been wrongly RRP'd by the auction house -

18. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Yes, but there are some which are labelled as wireless but which are standard LS50s. Zoom into the box descriptions. Buyer beware.

19. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

such is the lack of numeracy

20. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

There is plenty of evidence to support it but I believe people in the trade will not be paying 20% VAT but 16.67% on the margin they make. Can someone please confirm or deny this? Presumably everything that can be sold as new would be treated as normal with the VAT passed onto the customer. So I am now confusing myself and going to have a lie down.