1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Superfi liquidation auction

Discussion in 'audio' started by Stunsworth, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Philim

Philim pfm Member

They pay 20% on the exc vat price. It works out at 16.67% of total RRP

£120 RRP is made up of £100 plus vat at 20%

h.g. likes this.
  2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Unless there's other Hugo 2s, that auction includes the Toby amplifier.

3. Midlandaudiox

Midlandaudiox Trade: Midland Audio X-Change

It seems the way ahead as a retailer
    Get more than you can if you go into receivership
    Bloody ridiculous

4. gwernaffield

gwernaffield pfm Member

the fees work out if it sells at 100 +vat at 20% then 15% of the sale price plus vat of that so that would be £100+20 +15 +£3 , £138 for something that is £100 , confirmed by eddisons

5. gwernaffield

gwernaffield pfm Member

£1000 = +vat , but the fee is applied to the final cost i.e £1000 ,, so you would have 1000+VAT + FEE +VAT ON THE FEE,

6. Fourlegs

Fourlegs Trade: WAVE High Fidelity digital cables

Yes it did include a Toby amp. Also it wasn’t a Hugo2 being auctioned, it was a different model not as described in the listing. Hence why it is always a good idea to view personally before bidding.

The purchasers invoices are being emailed out tonight and I think quite a few punters will not be happy bunnies when they realise the mark ups.

7. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

It’s nothing new. Some folk do that with eBay, too.

The number of times I’ve found things a lot cheaper elsewhere than eBay...

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

**** that for a game of soldiers.

9. Rana

Rana pfm Member

I don't know what the final price on that was but it was a TT2 and a Ttoby so probably a good deal if it went for the £2700 + extras that I last saw it at, if, hopefully for the buyer, in working order.

10. Fourlegs

Fourlegs Trade: WAVE High Fidelity digital cables

Correct, it was a TT2 and Toby. They were both immaculate and looked as if they had only been taken out of the box for the auction. Mine was that 2700 bid and I got them for that. The last TT2 on the bay went fir 3400 last week so I am happy with my purchase even with commission and vat.

Dowser and Mintsauce like this.
  11. Hipper

Hipper pfm Member

I worked on a local council as a groundsman. We lost the contract to a contractor so the council decided to auction most of the kit - mowers etc. - to us employees. I had a friend who wanted a ride on triple mower, costing some £18,000 new, although the one on offer was two years old and well used, though still good. I offered £500. No-one else thought to make an offer because they assumed the Council would want a few thousand. I was actually successful, much to everyone's annoyance - or jealousy probably. I was told that the Council's accountants discussed this sale long and hard before they finally agreed. I sold it on for £1,000 which my mate was very happy with.

12. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Some stuff has turned up on Ebay under seller Silee4

13. gwernaffield

gwernaffield pfm Member

a lot of stuff is on eBay , 92 people refused to pay so there is a new auction,,for one day ,, some rotel stuff has made it on their ,, but why do they always put ex dem,,
    i went to pick the cd player i bought which was boxed and sealed ,, had the remote missing and other parts,one guy when had a small van it was that full he could not close the doors,,

14. Philim

Philim pfm Member

A lot of Mf encore 225 come on at £2900.
    Someone will take a bath as I can get from a dealer with warranty for £2200.

15. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 cranky old git

Sorry Gwernaffield, but if you had to register a debit card how could you refuse to pay? Not saying that there weren't complaints but how?

16. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

Insufficient funds in the account.

17. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

https://auctions.eddisons.com/auctions/7058/eddiso10468

18. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Non secured creditors, £1.2M, circa £2M total

Some credit controllers might be having a chat with HR......

Sounds United (Denon etc) £325K
    Yamaha £78K
    Monitor Audio £52K
    Audio Technika £44K
    Bose £41K
    Senheisser £28K

13 pages of trade creditors, then mega bucks owed to HMRC (150K VAT etc), wages and so on.

A completely different picture to their last published accounts............

19. gwernaffield

gwernaffield pfm Member

paid mine ,but 92 have not ,,

20. gwernaffield

gwernaffield pfm Member

there was a lot that went over board , the auctioneer said at the end it went nuts,, i bought lot 95 ,, Rotel Cd player , opened it up and no remote ,, but that is the chance you take,, to save money , if you going to keep it like i am , ,
    new remote was £22.41p paid to B&W delivered today,, even though it will not get used that much ,,