1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Surely it should have been in a Ford?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by canonman, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

There are no dual carriageways here :)

2. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Taking risks for yourself is fine. Imposing them on others not as much.

3. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

Risks are imposed on you and I by others all the time. It cannot and will not ever be any different, so long as we are not the last living thing on Earth.

4. packtech

packtech Ex band member twice.. :)

Clear road from what I can see, don't really condone it but apart from himself, who is he actually hurting?, 'Cept the doddering asshole who will be plodding around in the outside lane, thumb up arse not using mirrors driving around a "safe " 40 mph, and will probably do everything in his power to get in the lads way..

5. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Correct. But we can choose whether to try to minimize the risk to others, or selfishly ignore the risk to others and concentrate purely on our own enjoyment. The views of some posters on this thread are staggeringly self-centered.

6. Greg

Greg 2t5b

That video isn't quite what it appears.

7. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

Which video and why?

8. Greg

Greg 2t5b

Barry, shall we just discard thousands of years of civilisation and return to survival of the fittest then? Or are there some rule/laws that you think we should keep?

Murder ok? Rape ok?

9. tones

tones Tones deaf

10. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Oh, that makes it okay then. Guns are fun too. I'll just go get tooled up then wait for school playtime.
    The lives of innocent adults and children are of no consequence compared to having FUN!!!!

11. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

Having rules rarely makes any difference IME. There are still murders and rapes and a whole host of nasties that there are strict rules against. You are fooling yourself if you think making rules changes people's behaviour. We are what we are.

12. Greg

Greg 2t5b

I believe (from recollection), that the camera position makes it look a lot faster than it really was, and then the sound track of the high revving engine was added in production. Great film though.

13. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Just how thick are you Barry, scale of 1 to 10?

14. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

About 5 less than you by the look of it.

15. demersal

demersal Banned

16. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Nice comeback, did someone type it for you?

Seriously, do you honestly think 'having rules rarely makes any difference'?

17. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

As per my post, we have strict laws against murder, rape, theft, you name it, and yet ALL of them are on the increase.
    QED?

18. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Worse than a few hundred years ago?

But how much worse would things be if murder, rape, theft, you name it, were perfectly legal?

Do you have a sister?

19. barrymidd

barrymidd Who me?

Do you need a rule or law to tell you not to murder or rape someone?

20. demersal

demersal Banned

No that's called morality. But you certainly do need a law to be able to convict those that do.