1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2014 part II

Discussion in 'audio' started by Gromit, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

2. yurivv

yurivv pfm Member

Nice photos as usual.

Funny, I too bought a similar lens yesterday. Mine is Nikkor 85 mm f/1.8G AF-S.

3. Martin D

Martin D Libertarian Division

Nice mr gromit

4. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Nice pics all, I really should get a camera one of these days and give it a go.

5. john dolan

john dolan pfm Member

Added a Young dac to the system and mighty fine it sounds I must say.

[​IMG]

6. kristoffer

kristoffer Danish Hi Fi NERD

Yes, very nice! :cool:

7. love_leeloo

love_leeloo pfm Member

my new toy

[​IMG]

8. lindsayt

lindsayt pfm Member

Is that a parallax type optical effect, or is the inside bottom corner of the Benz closer to the surface of the vinyl than the outside corner?

9. hermit

hermit pfm Member

Today was a big day for me. About a month ago I bought a Kenwood Model 500 amp and dropped it straight off at the tech for a full service. Today, it was finally ready and I brought it home for the first time. To keep it company, I bought a turntable from the mid 70's, a Sony PS-6750, which I also picked up today. It's my first tt since the mid 80's. I only have one record which I bought yesterday but I do have a few s/h record shops just round the corner so tomorrow I plan to go and get a few more.

Please excuse the crappy photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Nice rig that, a bit different too - and a very fine choice of turntable I must say. :)

11. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

A very quick fiddle around in Lightroom...

[​IMG]DSCF1150

12. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

Great photo gromit.

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I do like the look of those chunky '70s Sony DD turntables! Are they as hefty / solid as they look?

14. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks. :)

15. hermit

hermit pfm Member

I love the utilitarian appearance of the Sony. It's a no nonsense deck, solidly built and weighs about 10kg.

See the Vintage Knob and Classic Hifi for details of it's construction. It had some pretty advanced design features for its time. I also like the fact that it's a manual deck so there is less to go wrong.

16. hifijunkie

hifijunkie Banned

Thought i would share a photo of my system..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. hermit

hermit pfm Member

Nice system. A pair of those KEFs came up for sale in Edinburgh last week. I was mighty tempted.

I would have moved my stash of hash off the KEFs before taking the photo, but that's just me :D

18. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

A jolly interesting mix of components

Which model pre-amp are you using? I have the A5, and also Kef 105s.

Bloss

19. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

20. echann

echann pfm Member