1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2014 part II

Discussion in 'audio' started by Gromit, Apr 28, 2014.

1. dixie chicken

dixie chicken pfm Member

yes,i agree,and sounds good to..

2. mark.king

mark.king pfm Member

What od you think of the Blue Point? I have the same cartridge,

[​IMG]

Thought i would try another HO mc again.
    Last one i had was a 10x5 over 30 years ago[/QUOTE]

3. pil

pil pfm Member

Very good.
    Slightly brighter than the koetsu but not harsh, I can easily see me using it a lot.

4. mark.king

mark.king pfm Member

Agreed. It almost has, Dare I say, A CD sound to it. Saying that it doesn't have the harshness of CD so I can play much louder. It Tracks really well in my ClearAudio Unify arm. I don't play much vinyl anymore but I go to car boot sales and buy the odd record, clean it up and then sit back and enjoy :)

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Am a bit bemused here. Are you comparing a h.o. Kiseki with a Koetsu?

Kiseki has been recommended by Mark of this parish, but I thought they were all l.o. cart's and I think they share some history with Koetsu. All Koetsus are low output, although the Black, Red T and Red K Sig. have much higher outputs at 0.6 mV (but still l.o.).

6. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Blue Point No.2 (which is what Mark has above) is a Sumiko. :)

7. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Ta ! Must change those pills (or summat else?). So a h.o. Sumiko sounds a bit like a Koetsu? Well well !:)

8. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Spinning some choons...and playing with a new lens. :)

[​IMG]DSCF4640

9. mrlamonta

mrlamonta pfm Member

That Sonneteer amp looks great, Gromit.

Is it me or do you have quite a lot of amps in your collection?

10. nap90

nap90 pfm Member

Here is my little setup (sorry for the poor quality pics, was late at night!)
    Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Naim 72, hicap, 180 powering Kudos Super 20s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Room not yet finished, thus no curtains or blinds and looking a bit sparse!

11. Clay B

Clay B pfm Member

Nap

Very nice matching of components. First rate and looks elegant as well.

12. nap90

nap90 pfm Member

Thanks!

13. auric

auric pfm Member

nap90,
    What is that rainbow coloured something that appears to be resting atop of you swish colour coordinated work top / surface? I was thinking it might be a section of some exotic fan less cpu cooler coloured and transformed into a work of art or not:)

14. Daniel Quinn

Daniel Quinn Banned

nice listening room . I dream of such an uncluttered space .

15. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks - it's a superb little amp. :)

I've had quite a lot of amps, but only this one in the collection at present. Another photo of it...

[​IMG]DSCF4837

16. Alco

Alco pfm Member

Wow, that's the most beautiful picture of any Sonneteer product I've seen so far, Gromit! :)
    (Haider should hire you to take future promo-pics of their products)

I love the clean lines, the symmetry, the sober brushed aluminum fascia, the massive knobs, the build-to-last-a-lifetime feel.
    (apart from the wonderful sound it produces)

The only product currently still missing is a DAC imho.
    They once had one (Sonneteer Dryden) which was more or less the DAC of the Byron CD-player, but it was/is as rare as hen's teeth.

17. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks Alco - was just having a brief play around with a new lens this afternoon. :)

I'd agree re the Campion's quality feel - it's so simple, uncluttered and feels like it'll last a lifetime. Since you mentioned the Dryden a while back I've done some searching the www but can find very, very little info about it.

18. Cjm75

Cjm75 pfm Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My system, please excuse the poor quality photos, done with iphone and tapatalk. And I really need to do something about the cables.... Far too many cables :(

Would love to get a dedicated listening room and declutter a bit, but this is as good as it gets. Sounds extremely good though and more room than it looks like in the pics.

19. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

REGA Elicit R and JBL L100... great combination!

[​IMG]

20. Clay B

Clay B pfm Member

Not an intuitive choice to say the least but when you think about it makes real sense. Combine the warmth and timbre of the Elicit with the punch and dynamics of the JBL.