1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2015

Discussion in 'audio' started by JTC, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Tapehead

I really like the T-X6L.
    On good clean broadcasts such as R3/4 it matches the 9100 - the JVC is a very clean and accurate tuner.

On difficult stations with heavy compression and especially where they are over modulated, the more modern JVC actually copes a little better.

That era of JVC amps and tuners are definitely sleepers.
    The electronic design is sound, robust and reliable. They lack the tank-like build of the slightly earlier Pioneers but the circuits are top notch, and the build is still solid.

Excluding the super high end, in terms of build for Japanese audio, early to mid 70s is best while in terms of performance it's late 70s into very early 80s IMO.

2. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

Isn't there a danger that the pseudo-chromes will infect the real chromes?

I alway remember it that the Japanese made pseudo because there was a chemical accident in Japan and its use in things like magnetic tape was banned? A good story if nothing else.

3. abbydog

abbydog pfm Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.