1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2019

Discussion in 'audio' started by mikeyb, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Bass below 80Hz ish is difficult to localise, but we are well off topic.
    If you placed too much absorbent material then there is a chance that the higher frequencies could be over damped , foam/soft furnishings won’t affect bass response.
    In terms of reverberation ideally I believe all frequencies would decay at the same rate, usually it is high bass peaks which are the major issue.
    Keith

ToTo Man likes this.
  2. Waxxy

Waxxy pfm Member

Horn-loaded mid and high frequencies will have narrower dispersion and lower power levels at the first reflection points...no need for a rug...although it would certainly tie the room together.

3. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

With low frequencies the issue is more about the reflections causing peaks and nulls in the response. Placing a couple of 7-inch deep broadband absorbers in the middle of my floor helped to smooth out my low frequency response... not very practical though!

4. Old Shatterhand

Old Shatterhand Odeon Audio user

BTW: The Bass from my Odeon No. 28 SE (prototype) is horn loaded/ported mix.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Odeon’s are pretty decent imho, I prefer front loaded bass but that soon becomes pretty ridiculous.
    Keith

6. jamesd

jamesd pfm Member

[​IMG]

My 2 year old daughter's christmas has taken over my listening room.

Whaleblue, ThELiZ, Stew B and 13 others like this.
  7. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

How about converting the twin washer/dryers into subs? :D

Love the windows BTW!

TheDecameron, igor_xxxx and jamesd like this.
  8. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Haaaa - at first glance I thought they were pink speakers!

igor_xxxx, Sunflower Sutra and jamesd like this.
  9. Ayya Khema

Ayya Khema pfm Member

yes, even decay at all FR is the goal.

if one knows what he's doing, very easy to not place too much absorbent material and over damp their room, but still target the detrimental early reflections.

10. Ayya Khema

Ayya Khema pfm Member

are they DIY speakers? they look amazing!

Ive been thinking on building a big hi eff 3 way myself. what drivers did you use?

11. Old Valve Guy

Old Valve Guy Active Member

12. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

^^^^^^^^^^
    That's a nice system and room Old Valve Guy, shame your housekeeping of cd's isn't up to scatch. :D

13. Old Valve Guy

Old Valve Guy Active Member

I never was tidy . I'm taking that trait to the grave :) I could rip the whole 640 of 'em to HDD , but I'd have nothing to stumble over in the dark ...........

14. Old Shatterhand

@Ayya Khema : Thank you. No it is from Odeon Audio from Germany, you can buy it (even if it is not listed at the Odeon homepage). It is the follower for the 28.3 and called 28.SE.

This was a prototype design (I know the company owner) which he sold me, the 28.SE has kept the same design style close to the predecessor No 28.3 which is more refined.

https://www.odeon-audio.com/modelle/no-28-3/

15. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

By comparison to some of the wonderfully diverse systems on here, mine seems pretty dull, but it works for me.
    [​IMG]

16. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Obviously a rock chick in the making. I can almost picture her pulling one of her bottles of champagne(?) from behind the cuddly - er - thing and taking a swig, then picking up her white bass and practising another thundering riff. I assume the pink goods are there to act as substitute monitor stacks for her to jump off.

Good to see the Arkenhoff ‘two rugs’ system in use.

jamesd likes this.
  17. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Not a very PC toy selection there for a 2YO girl in today's world, shouldn't it be for boys only these days?

18. Old Shatterhand

@Hungry Halibut : I really like your system and don't find it dull, quite the opposite.

19. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

@Hungry Halibut I'm by no means a Naim fan but they got something very right with the SL2

20. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Good luck when you wrapped that up.:)