1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Tannoy Glenair 15" and ST200 Supertweeters

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by lencotweaker, Jan 27, 2019.

1. lencotweaker

lencotweaker Mostly dreaming of record players

For sale are my big Tannoys and Supertweeters. I know this is going to be one of those eternal hifi regrets but I'm losing half of my listening room imminently and these are just not going to work firing across the width of the room. Anyway, these are a superb sounding loudspeaker setup giving a very big effortless soundstage with big dynamics. I've had the best sounds I've ever heard at home with these. Easy to drive from moderately powered valve amps and I had great results with a WAD 6550 but most of the time I've used a big classic Japanese 200W/ch integrated which they seemed to appreciate even more.

I originally bought these when I lived in Tokyo and they followed me to Shanghai and finally back to the UK. Consequently they have suffered a lot of knocks and dings on their last intercontinental trip. These are visually tidy from the listening position with the acres of lovely cherry veneer but up close and personal there are many scratches, and dings and some veneer peeling/fretting damage on the very bottoms of the plinths. It's a real shame but these would benefit from a visit to a cabinet maker or french polisher for correction. I do have some repair waxes and veneer but I never got around to learning the necessary skills to make a job of it unfortunately. What it does mean is that these represent somewhat of an opportunity to get hold of some 15" Tannoys at a bargain price. They have the instructions and the full set of Tannoy spikes and floor savers but no packaging. They will require collection from near Chester, UK in a big estate car or van and you'll be wanting to visually inspect and hear them before you commit anyway. I'm looking for only £2250 for these.

The ST200 Supertweeters are very rare and very expensive and make a nice difference to the bass and imaging to my ears and are a really worthwhile addition to these as they were designed in the first instance to partner these speakers. I will give first refusal to the buyer of the Glenairs but if the Glenairs go without these then they will become available. They will come with a run of Nordost Super Flatline Gold. I'm looking for only £1500 for these to the Glenair buyer which is significantly under market value.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

If I was local these would be at my place tonight.

3. lencotweaker

Anyone looking for bargain Tannoys, come and have a listen.

4. rich46

rich46 quad rules

are you splitting the combo. those tweeters look a seller

5. lencotweaker

I’ll sell the supertweeters seperately if the buyer of the speakers doesn’t want them because i’ll be using the using the combo as is until the speakers are sold.

6. lencotweaker

Any interest?

7. MVJ

MVJ madvinyljunkie,Professional Plonker & PFM Member

You might want to rethink or research the price os the ST200's £1,500 is a bit strong maybe!.

8. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Why don't I read what people post???

Correction - 2 pairs on HiFiShark - £2K

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  9. rich46

rich46 quad rules

what there age ta

10. lencotweaker

Approx 10/11 years old. I’ll be happy to discuss overall pricing with a serious buyer. I may even consider p/ex for other hifi if it interests me.

11. lencotweaker

Sunday bump

12. lencotweaker

Look into my eyes. Need big speakers, need Tannoys.

Barryoke likes this.
  13. lencotweaker

The supertweeters are now available seperately.

14. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

You have pm.

15. lencotweaker

Supertweeters now sold.

Reducing the Glenairs to only £2100 collected!

16. lencotweaker

Time to find a new home

17. lencotweaker

18. p147

p147 pfm Member

:cool:
    Surprised they have not yet sold , I would have had these had I not recently bought my new speakers.

19. lencotweaker

Roll up, roll up

20. lencotweaker