1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Tannoy Glenair 15" and ST200 Supertweeters

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by lencotweaker, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

Still pondering very carefully...

I sit fairly near-field, about 2.5 - 3m from my Triangles, which are almost 5m apart. The reported directional treble concerns me a little.

I wish someone would buy these, for your sake and to stop me procrastinating!

lencotweaker likes this.
  2. roy

roy pfm Member

Great looking pair of speakers. I can’t believe they haven’t sold at that price.

3. lencotweaker

lencotweaker Mostly dreaming of record players

I can't remember where but I did read somewhere (possibly a review of these) where they were in a near field set up with spectacular results. The closest I had them was about 4 metres apart and about 2.5 metres to the listening position, heavily toed in and they were brilliant. There's only one way to find out :)

4. lencotweaker

fathers day present to yourself?

5. lencotweaker

Nice weather bump

6. lencotweaker

these Tannoys are still available

7. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I now own a pair of these ( eventually ) been on my wish list for decades , Am I happy ? You bet I am , Big Tannoys have a reputation for a reason , They are very good, effortless presentation , Bass as deep as you like even into the subsonic range , I played the new Picard ( Star Trek movie ) trailer and was blown away with the subsonic bass , The only time I have ever heard bass like this was in a Imax cinema , Really impressive , Midds and treble also very realistic in presentation , I feel sorry for the seller having to part with these , but also Joyas at how pleased the new owner will be to be able to own a pair of these high end speakers , Come on people these are a once in a lifetime purchase and they retail at £6K so £1900 is a steal , Get a loan , draw some cash of your credit card , raid your piggy bank , just buy them
    If anyone is serious and lives down south you could come and have a listen to my pair ( NOT for sale ) prior to committing to buy from Lencotweaker :cool:

Snufkin likes this.
  8. lencotweaker

thanks for that Al, I am genuinely amazed they are still here. Seems to be the state of the nation at the moment. My listening room has gone months ago and these moved into the living room on the understanding that it was a temporary arrangement. I do get a sharp reminder from time to time but the longer they stay there, eventually she might just give in :)

9. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I think they’re amazing! I just don’t have room for them! I love big tannoys good but I’ll be restricted to something much more compact than these beauties

10. mark.king

mark.king pfm Member

Tempted to come across from Halifax but wouldn’t want to until I was certain I wanted to buy. I don’t want to be a tyre kicker

11. lencotweaker

Some interest on these again in the last week but a deal isn't landed yet.

12. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Unbelivable that these are still for sale :eek:

13. lencotweaker

these could be in your listening room by Sunday and you'd be all set for the hifi season :)

14. lencotweaker

still here!

15. lencotweaker

16. lencotweaker

Ideal time for a drive?

17. lencotweaker

still here

18. lencotweaker

By the way folks, I can show you a live and detailed inspection of them by Skype, messenger or facetime.

19. seb85

seb85 Member

20. lencotweaker

Sold to a music loving couple :)