1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tannoy Speakers spare parts

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by rafa, Mar 25, 2019.

1. rafa

rafa New Member

Hi, anybody knows who may sell Tannoy spare parts?
    I accidentally dropped one of my XT 8F and wooden speaker base get broken. Currently contacted with shop and service point with no effect.
    Maybe somebody knows place or website where I could ask?

2. rafa

rafa New Member

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Ouch! Have you tried Tannoy directly? I doubt it would be too complex to have some bases made should you not be able to source originals.

4. rafa

rafa New Member

Yes I send them request and they responded to contact some service points from the list. I picked one in NI and I sent mail and they ignored me completely. Maybe I should make a call..

The speaker base can be easy removed as is screwed with four bolts from the bottom through chrom platted cylinders.

5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

I’d get some replacements water cut from 15mm aluminium and then get them powder coated.

Likely to sound better and probably not cost any more than the spare parts.

6. kevinrt

kevinrt pfm Member

You could try asking ‘Mainly Tannoy’ who advertises on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/mainlytannoy/

I haven’t seen anything like your bases for sale there, but he may have contacts that could help.

I have found him quite helpful when I contacted him with enquiries (email address somewhere at the bottom of the adverts).

Kevin

7. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Some wood glue and clamps to bring it back together would be worth trying first