1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Teddy pardo

Discussion in 'audio' started by meridian 508, Feb 8, 2018.

1. meridian 508

meridian 508 pfm Member

Hi guys....thinking of getting the xps and unitserve power supplies.
    Been on the teddy web site and got a final balance for the Two.
    My question is -are there any more hidden costs?....ie import tax etc..

2. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

If you live in the UK, assume you'll have to pay 20% VAT as per standard VAT levy. If you import via a business, however, I don't think there are any such charges to pay :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. naimplayer

naimplayer Aspiring to be a halfwit.

You need a UK VAT number then no vat/duty to pay. Teddy will tell you how it all works. I bought Pre amp/MB100's/cartridge step up device/cables, no problems at all, no duty to pay.

Good luck.

4. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 pfm Member

I bought a power supply earlier in the year, what I was quoted was what I paid.

5. herb

herb music live

I bought an xps a few weeks ago from his website, it was delivered within a week without any extra payments, mention of VAT/other taxes or delays. Totally transparent. Nice kit.

6. meridian 508

meridian 508 pfm Member

OK guys..looks like all I pay is the final Balance....
    Next question....has anybody done a comparison on the xps with the naim unit...

7. meridian 508

meridian 508 pfm Member

And your thoughts on the unit..

8. FISBEY

FISBEY pfm Member

If the equipment is stopped by customs you may well have to pay the VAT.....

9. herb

herb music live

I have been running it in on my CDX2 and today switched back to CDX2 bare to get an objective view. The Teddy went back into service pretty quickly.... Much more realistic for classical music/jazz

10. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 pfm Member

No seemingly there is an agreement between the governments.

11. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell Fried Man in Paris

Yes, I imported, into France, a few Teddy psus back in my naim days and I never had any problems. But it does say on the website there is no vat applied.

12. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

I bought a TeddyCap III and a TeddyXPS recently, the TCIII 'passed under the radar' but the XPS was stopped at the custom. Although there is an agreement that no import taxes are to be paid between Italy and Israel, there's VAT, which is called IVA here, and that has to be paid. So receiving goods without any extra charge is just a matter of luck. It took me ten days or so more to receive the XPS and I had to pay around €170 at the delivery. It's not this, tough, that bites me but the fact that the TeddyXPS's price was reduced on the website soon after I bought mine... It's life.

13. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

As I said, Government agreements are about import taxes, not about VAT. If I buy something here, I pay its VAT here; if I buy it in Israel, some VAT has to be paid to someone. You don't skip VAT because goods are goods, not tourists..

14. Old Valve Guy

Old Valve Guy Active Member

Teddy XPS is money well spent ! :)

15. gidders

gidders hifi enthusiast, golfer & photographer

Anyone in the West Midlands use either a dual Teddycap or Teddy supercap that they could demo to me?