1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2015 F1 season.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Rosberg needs to step up to the plate and grow a 'tache to rival his Father's.

I think that could unsettle Hamilton for 2016.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It's probably the only chance he's got as whenever it matters Hamilton runs rings around him.

3. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Once Hamilton has either adapted to how the car is/will be different to before Singapore, or once they've changed it to how it was, he'll be fine. Surely Mercedes are not going to hang their champion out to dry?

4. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Ironically, I think they'd be delighted to see Nico take the WDC in 2016. Either driver can do it currently, but if Ferrari are closer in 2016 then they might be making a mistake not backing a number 1 driver.

In a perfect world, Lewis to do it in 2016, then move to Ferrari for 2017, come second in the WDC, then take '18 and '19 for Ferrari. Then retire. :D

Somehow, I think it'll be a lot more random than that though.

5. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Hasn't Hamilton already proclaimed that he will finish his F1 career at Mercedes?

6. Richard Nichola

Richard Nichola pfm Member

It was a bit strange on Sunday was strange as Hamilton was much faster at the end of the 2nd tyre stint than Rosberg, he should have pitted at most 2-3 laps after Rosberg, and then harried Rosberg for the rest of race, either that or Hamilton should have put on the softer tyres on when he did eventually come in. I suspect Merc were happy for a 1-2 and the other two scenarios would have meant the cars went wheel to wheel on the circuit with a strong chance of a retirement for one or both of the cars.

7. IanW

IanW pfm Member

His drop in performance has nothing to do with the car.

8. Cav

Cav pfm Member

What is it, and how do you know?

9. IanW

IanW pfm Member

Different drivers react differently to; having a car fast enough to win a World Championship, closing in on a World Championship, winning a World Championship, post World Championship, post a second or third World Championship etc.

25 years experience of developing the vehicle performance of F1 cars and as part of this process assessing driver performance variations. Both in racing and testing.

For the sake of clarity, I will modify my statement to, based on my experience, it is extremely unlikely to be anything to do with the car.

10. Cav

Cav pfm Member

So you don't actually know.

11. IanW

IanW pfm Member

What kind of a description do you want?

It is down to Lewis not the car.

12. merlin

I get the impression that Hamilton needs to feel pressure to really perform at his very best. I think that Button was inferring something similar when asked about Alonso and consistency.

I rather suspect he will be fully recharged by a Winter away and with the prospect of having to beat a very good team mate all over again in 2016. And I suspect he will stay at a high level until he has achieved his objective.

13. RustyB

RustyB Registered Ginga

Or maybe Mercedes have had a quiet word with Lewis, along the lines that it would be great if the GERMAN driver won a few races, now the championship is done and dusted.

14. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Post race picture from his own twitter account [​IMG]

I think you could be correct. ;)

15. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

I must confess to have thought this but kind of rejected it as unlikely.....:cool:

16. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

17. merlin

The Telegraph is pandering to it's unintelligent readership. ;)

18. jimpey

jimpey pfm Member

If Ferrari continue to make progress who (Rosburg or Hamilton) is the man to tangle with Vettel?

19. al2002

al2002 pfm Member

20. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

Hillclimb Masters in the Czech Republic. Excellent!

Pal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.