1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2017 F1 Thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Before we know it, the drivers will be in seats, the sponsors will be sorted, the testing will be over, and I'll be wondering why I bloody bother watching it all.

New cars, wider wings, wider tyres........ what else?

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

They should require the driver to carry their wallet during a race.

3. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I'm sure a few credit cards and a super license would be manageable.

4. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Much thicker necks

5. Wick

Wick pfm Member

and skin....

6. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

THat point has been mentioned in the media, and it'll be interesting to see how they all cope. My guess is that after all testing is finished they'll be fighting fit and wondering what the fuss was.

7. redeye

redeye pfm Member

Alonzo Alonzo Alonzo etc..

He won't win though despite being genius

8. najb

najb pfm Member

Anyone other than Hamilton, the arrogant little tax-dodging twunt.

9. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

F1 should embrace new technology and go driverless :D

10. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I suspect most of us would tax dodge if we had sufficient money to make it worth while.

11. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Tax dodging, in F1? Are you sure?

12. lsinclair

lsinclair pfm Member

How about having just one bay for pit stops that teams have to book by phone during the race via a single receptionist? 'Sorry, can't fit you in on lap 20, how about lap 32? Anything else I can help you with?'

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

<moderating>

I've edited the thread title, it was quite funny but it will wear thin after a while and we do need a 2017 F1 thread. Ill go lock the 2016 one.

14. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Will we see the head protection they were experimenting with in 2016?

15. Ian Hughes

Ian Hughes pfm Member

More likely to be "we are experiencing a high volume of calls right now and all our agents are busy. You may wish to call back later, or visit our web site. Goodbye".

Click. Brrrrrr.

16. DuncanF

DuncanF pfm Member

How about very loud air horns, preferably playing the Dixie ditty like the General Lee in The Dukes of Hazzard? Get rid of blue flags and have the overtaking driver signal his need to get by with a press, or ten, of the horn. Seb would have endless fun!

17. DuncanF

DuncanF pfm Member

Can we get rid of the full stop in the fred title please?

Titles, chapter headings, headings in general ... no full stop. It looks odd, and will drive those of a delicate grammatical sensibility mad if it remains for a full year! ;)

18. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Done!

19. lsinclair

lsinclair pfm Member

...and self-service fuel pumps where drivers can gamble on whether it'll be faster to queue in the shop or go to the credit card lane (maximum purchase £99 of course) where they might be blocked if the driver in front has forgotten his PIN.

20. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Arrogant, maybe but tax dodging? Erm no, or not to the extent you are probably accusing him.

All F1 drivers pay tax for each race in each relevant country they race and therefore earn in.

He may live in Monaco (like most of them) but he does pay his way.