1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 F1 season.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Lol, that was always his greatest talent. The timing of his team moves was always unbelievable poor/unlucky/badly judged.

Rack Kit likes this.
  2. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Is Alonso not testing for McLaren this week?

Wonder what would happen if he is faster than the current driver line up, would he push for a return?

3. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

He should be faster but probably only over a season as his particular contribution to a team is his relentlessness. SAI is no mug and very fast, NOR has proved to handle himself very well so far so either of them in a test could match or beat ALO.

4. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

nice to see Mclaren looking competitive if it holds up , Alonso could reconsider his position as he does love to race .
    Vettel very poor driving in performance if he was as good as he thinks he is , he should have won the race with the fastest car instead of looking like a rookie

5. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Also forgot to say that Wrc is now back on TV with 5spike , just watched it on catch up as was screened on monday

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  6. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Kimi to replace Vettel next year?

Eyebroughty likes this.
  7. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Started watching this on BT Sport from the first round in Monte. Really enjoying it and it’s easy to avoid the result unless you really search for it. How unlucky was Elfyn Evans - only 6km from winning and gets that puncture. Argh!

Moto GP was a Marquez master class. He just cleared off. He’s in a league of one.

8. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

No, Mick Schumacher... ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Tony Lockhart likes this.
  9. cutting42

On current evidence, that would a triumph of image and marketing over talent. I am sure it would serve many agendas to get Mick into a Ferrari but IMO his performances do not earn him a fast track into a Fezza. He has had a workmanlike and steady early career and winning F3 European champs last year after an amazing jump in results half way through the year helps (Stroll also won F3 for balance) but he has not amazed in F2 yet, we are only one race in but basic pace is not evident.

10. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Sorry, forgot to add the wink smiley to my post! ;)

cutting42 likes this.
  11. tones

tones Tones deaf

Not only that, but the relentless determination and work ethic and the talent. "We now have the best driver," said Montezomolo at the time, "we have no more excuses.". The dream team (Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne) was assembled around him. And he delivered - the first win for Ferrari in Spain in the rain, in an evil-handling car running on 9 cylinders, was one of the great F1 drives:

Mike P likes this.
  12. cutting42

I was never a MS fan and can comment long about why I don't put him on the same pedestal as many but he transformed the work ethic and fitness levels of drivers in F1. For me he was the first driver to take a whole team and make it his own. Everything they did was for his benefit and generally he delivered.

13. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

14. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Don’t get me started on car races, useless.

A bloody circuit was built (with no information to the public) 2 km away from where I live, and life has become difficult for us ever since.

Just a bunch of selfish individuals who don’t live here.

We did manage to change the law as regards noise, but it isn’t applied.

This has been going on for 12 years now.

15. Borntorun

Borntorun pfm Member

[​IMG]

16. IanW

IanW pfm Member

Where do you live?

17. chartz

chartz pfm Member

I live in Burgundy.
    Impossible to eat out in summer. The worst are bikers and Ferraris.

Unbearable. F1 lovers should be told that actual people live around circuits. Authorities admit there’s a problem (it doesn’t serve a purpose like roads and airports) but car lobbies are so powerful it’s disgusting.

18. IanW

IanW pfm Member

The only F1 circuit that I am aware of in Burgundy, is Magny Cours, which held F1 races from 1991 until 2008.

Or are you talking about another race track that does not hold F1 races?

In terms of noise levels, F1 race cars since 2014 have been much quieter as the rules changed and they started to use hybrid powerplants.

19. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Yes bit of a boring race again apart from the tropedo in action again .Ferrrari making a few poor calls to allow Max into the mix with Leclerc acting up in a Max way

20. chartz

chartz pfm Member

No F1 here.
    There are rules on noise levels. In France car races are supposed to follow the same rules as someone who mows his lawn on a Sunday.
    Organizers just can’t be bothered.