1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 F1 season.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Perhaps the time to buy a property near a race track will be in 50 years when all the cars will be electric?

2. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Only realised that Sky showed the race live on Sky1 & Sky1HD this morning, channels I get on my Virgin package with subscribing to Sky Sports. I’ve no idea if it was a one-off or not but I’ve set up a series link to it now in case they show the rest of the races.

If anyone else knows anything about it, let me know.

3. Borntorun

Borntorun pfm Member

You realise this is an F1 thread?

I am sure there are others you can whine on about the noise of other people enjoying themselves!

4. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Just saying. Think about it. Enjoying oneself while others can’t have any rest.
    Seriously.

5. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Can't quite see what you are getting here chartz.

6. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Nothing. Enjoying F1 is just a selfish thing.
    You can enjoy yourself but that shouldn’t annoy others in any way.
    Health is at stake here. Just read the WHO report if you can be bothered.
    Race tracks are a useless nuisance.
    I rest my case.

7. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

What about the people who live near motorways, airports, on flightpaths, live in the middle of cities or towns where the weekends are full of people out until the early morning, usually drunk and very loud, or live near university accommodation where students come and go at all hours of the day or night and not forgetting people who live near to a road where the boy/girl racers drive up and down all evening.

Everyone usually has something that is not great in their lives, as has been said this thread is about F1, not about noise.

Tony Lockhart and Borntorun like this.
  8. chartz

chartz pfm Member

I happen to live half a mile from a motorway and a railway track. No problem here.
    You’ll never get it, I give up. The judge did, however (our solicitor is very competent and the track’s councilor has no arguments to oppose ours).
    People who buy properties next to an existing track shouldn’t complain, that’s another matter entirely.

Back to hi-fi, this we agree on :)

9. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

This seems a bit like posting about the evils of alcohol on a beer appreciation thread. It would be equally badly received.

Tony Lockhart, Darmok and Borntorun like this.
  10. Borntorun

Borntorun pfm Member

It's called Trolling.

Literally, no one cares...and this isn't a hifi thread, nor is it a first world problem thread.

If it bothers you enough, just move. If it dosen't, accept that other people live in the world also and as the globe becomes more and more populated, we have to be more and more tolerant of others.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  11. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

the new circuit must have needed planning permission. planning is a democratic process - if you do not like the outcome you need to try and change that process. invest the time and money required to ensure the correct legislative procedure has been followed, lobby your mp or become one.

12. chartz

chartz pfm Member

It built on no agreement, planning or permission. We got scr...

All that you say and advised was done, our MP is a fine person by the way - a woman - and we won our trial. Noise expertise is also on our side.
    Only, the judgment isn’t applied. What a world.
    Let’s move on to something else shall we?

13. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

Ummm, yeah, let me think, oh yeah...

The 2019 F1 season.

;)

14. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I think @chartz needs to move next to a real circuit and go back in time 15 years :)

15. Borntorun

Borntorun pfm Member

No. I want to whine about the traffic outside my house that makes sitting outside noisy. How dare people exist.

Darmok and Tony Lockhart like this.
  16. billo

billo pfm Member

They have shown the first 3 live on Sky one but, I suspect that they will stop soon as these ones are on at sparrow fart in the mornings. Once the races get to Europe they may stop hoping that you are addicted.

17. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Fat chance of that! I've made do with the highlights so far. If I can avoid the result beforehand then great but if not, it's no big deal anymore these days.

peterm likes this.
  18. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Easy to forget how awesome they used to sound!

Please bring back N.A. non-hybrid engines!

Oh and more durable tyres too please.

Rack Kit likes this.
  19. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I quite like the tyres this season. At least they’re easier to get my head round, and they go off gradually.

20. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Still too much tyre management going on for my liking. I'd like to see the drivers be able to race harder for longer, without having to worry quote as much about tyre degradation.

Much better than recent years though.