1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 F1 season.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

@tones

Yes. I was aiming that at the little winglets etc.

Makes me laugh. 1.6 turbo with energy recovery etc, because it’s relevant to modern cars. Yep, my single seater, millimetres off the deck, 1,000hp, bewinged road car really appreciates it. :/

2. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

A hat-trick of poles for Bottas. He’s starting to look like the real deal...

The Chronicals and cutting42 like this.
  3. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Indeed, an epic lap. Not many have put that much time into HAM at one of his best tracks.

4. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Lewis hasn’t looked settled all season, maybe a result of Bottas really putting the pressure on. I can see Lewis trying something a bit desperate at the first corner if he doesn’t get a better start than Bottas. Interesting times ahead!

5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Naa. A long season, nothing in it. Lewis put gravel on the track.

6. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

The Sky coverage, film and presenting is utterly terrible. Hope Channel 4 gets the races again next year.

Rooting for Bottas today, he pulled a blinder yesterday! Maybe this is the blip season for Lewis, he had one when Rosberg took the championship..then bailed as he knew he couldnt do it again!

7. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

As soon as I saw Lewis cheekily bump that orange start line by a few cm I knew he was going for a super launch..

8. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Don't have the it any more but liked the Sky coverage for the most part. The F1 Show went down the tubes though IMO once it left the studio couch format.

Brundle is excellent and I could listen to him all day. Can't say the same for Johnny 'sort of', ''it's something' Herbert though.

It's crap having to wait and hide from all news reports til the C4 highlights come on, hence the time of this post.

9. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Nope.

10. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

I definitely prefer the Channel 4 bunch, minus Eddie Jordan.

windhoek likes this.
  11. deebster

deebster pfm Member

The C4 lot are OK but I've not listened much to be honest. Jordan should be locked in a soundproof box though

Had been watching a lot of the Sty stuff but started to find that it was only the practice sessions where you could hear some mostly unscripted talk about the actual cars and technical stuff. But I just couldn't devote the 19 hours per race weekend needed so when the Sty sub ran out I went cold turkey and now mostly fast forward to the qualy or race.

Can't say I've missed it that much. As above Brundle, plus Kravitz and Pinky, but in return I've got more free time.

12. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

I generally only watch the qualifier and the race these days, I don't find F1 anywhere near as fun or interesting as it used to be, so don't invest in it as much.

And with that being said...what a dull race. I thought it was going to get interesting when they put LeC on white skins, and then the safety car happened...

13. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Boring race, think it is going to be a boring year....... again.

Sky coverage is I think going through some changes, was there not reports of Ted Kravitz and David Croft being dropped.

Also the new guy Karun Chandhok is not as good as I thought he might be, then again he might just be finding his way with the rest of the team.

14. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Short memories.

There have been plenty of very good races over the last few years, but STILL people look back through those rosy glasses at a time that didn’t actually happen.

cutting42 likes this.
  15. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

Karun worked really well with the Channel 4 bunch, so as you say, he might just be finding his feet with this boring Sky lot.

But I agree, I think with Ferarri off the pace and Red Bull not able to muster some better speeds (put Max in a better car and I think he'd be a contender for the championship more so than Charles), it's going to be a Mercedes driver shoot out if anything.

16. cutting42

Yup, nostalgia ain’t what it used to be

sean99, windhoek and Tony Lockhart like this.
  17. cutting42

I cannot abide the C4 coverage, Sky all their way for me. They have taken the coverage to new levels including free practice and pundit shows. Not all is good but the race coverage and A team of Croft, Brundle, Davidson with Chandon starting to blend in works well for me.

Race was typical Barca. They run here for virtually all the testing and it is hard to overtake on even with DRS so you have always got 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 racing. I think I heard that 25 of the last 28 races were won from the front row and 21 from pole.

18. jimpey

jimpey pfm Member

Concerning media coverage - am I alone in not just making do with, but enjoying the BBC website / Radio 5 live real time commentary?

This an audio forum after all:)

Jim

Andrew C! likes this.
  19. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

I wouldn't say you are alone, I am sure there are plenty of blind folk that enjoy it too :)

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, race day is cycling, YouTube or music day, and I have to remember not to click this thread too!

Tony Lockhart likes this.