1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 F1 season.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I watched a race there back in the 80s. Was good fun watching a race, then turning round to watch the topless beauties on t’beach. :)

2. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Short term career and UK tax rates were 90 odd percent for high earners then.

3. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Won't a current F1 car do a lap of Zandvoort in about a minute? It feels more like a touring car or GT3 circuit than a modern F1 track.

4. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Slightly off-topic, but good to see Fernando emerge unscathed from a big shunt at Indy - there's no such thing as a small one at 230mph, although I suppose at least the first impact was a glancing blow. He called it a mistake, but from the video it looked as though the car in front lost him the downforce required to make the turn. Which doesn't bode well for the race.

5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Isn’t that all a part of oval racing?

6. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Up to a point, but if they ever reach the sensitivity of current F1 cars it'll become the Indy 500 yds.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  7. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

8. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Nothing to worry about really - the team will get back on track once Alonso leaves

9. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

No mention of Niki Lauda here yet? He’ll be missed I’m sure by anyone who follows F1.

10. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I always figured he was indestructible.

11. deebster

deebster pfm Member

12. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

13. Cav

Cav pfm Member

It isn't a modern F1 track and will need substantial modification between now and 2020.

14. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

I really do think Ferrari needs new management...

15. Copperjacket

Copperjacket pfm Member

No No No. It is all part of the plan. They are going to put LeClerc out on rock hard tyres so he can trundle around keeping everybody at bay so that Vettel can get his pitstop done with no threat from the Mercedes. Only problem seems to be that LeClerc wasn't read in on the plan.

16. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

It sounds like Ferrari need someone like John Booth on the pit wall. Another amateurish mistake by the team.

17. IanW

IanW pfm Member

Ferrari have had expert strategists, in fact for a few years they had the best F1 strategist who sorted them out from being the team that had no idea about strategy to being pretty good at it. Then they persuaded him to leave and they have gradually got worse and worse since then.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  18. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

No no no.

Ferrari need us lot. Bloody obvious, innit.

19. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

As EddieJ has probably said already, for a multi-million dollar team to make such an elementary mistake is unforgiveable. Too many chiefs?

20. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Would that be the one snapped up by Mercedes?