1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The BBC and Stoke on Trent

Discussion in 'off topic' started by HairyHaggis, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Hempknight

Hempknight pfm Member

I think we all have a vested interest in brexit...

I'll get my coat.

sean99 likes this.
  2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Don’t worry, I was just stringing you along

TheDecameron and Hempknight like this.
  3. Frankiesays

Frankiesays Rats is life.

May'be they were filming something innocuous, like a nature documentary? The great Brexit Boar?

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

They shoved a microphone in the face of a man who appeared to have a mild learning disability and grilled him about Boris Johnson’s position on Brexit. It seems to involve stopping people in a shopping mall and asking them to expound on current affairs. I suppose when they’re paying “The Talent” like a John Humphrys and Fiona Bruce millions, they have to stretch the budget more thinly elsewhere.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The great Brexit Staffie, given the context.

6. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Seriously, they don't appear to be able to find an articulate 'vox pop' leaver who can put any argument whatever other than 'stannssterrreasondunnit', or indeed a remainer who can put together a single opposing argument.

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

They are looking for remainers?

could fool me.

8. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

They interviewed a women who ‘will be ok with no deal as she only imports/exports’ outside the EU.

The interviewer asked-by plane or port? The silence after she realised that port delays meant that her pottery will be at the back of the queue in a no deal Brexit was only broken by the sound of pennies dropping.

Stephen

9. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

And 'no deal' means that - until we negotiate a deal with each specific *non EU* country - we go to WTO rules with them, *not* the ones we had as part of the EU. So she may be in for a suprise there as well!

I wonder how many people are as clueless as her about this minor issue..

...possibly including BBC reporters.

I keep getting the feeling that loads of people think we still have an Empire that's more than a closed-down cinema.

10. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

You can't really plan too much on a zero hour contract, can you?

Bloss

11. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

12. billo

billo pfm Member

The BBC are doing very little to dispel the myth of Brexitiers being "uneducated"*

*I am being kind here

13. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley