1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Beatles (White Album) Remaster

Discussion in 'music' started by Sgt pepper, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

There's usually a reason material remains unreleased...

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

There are exceptions, e.g. Miles Davis, where much of the unreleased long jams from which the albums were cut ‘n’ shut together in the electric period are just staggeringly good. Ok, Miles was clearly a genius, and most rock musos just aren’t. There might be the odd snippet of intetest with The Beatles, but I’d have expected it to have seen the light of day by now given the various ‘Anthology’ albums etc.

3. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

I am not sure why that reason is?

4. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I've always liked that track.

5. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

Have you heard the Pepper outtakes?

6. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

'Wild Honey Pie' used to be my favourite track on WA. I would play it over and over, shouting and stamping, as elephants do. Recently I've mellowed and I'm quite partial to the elegant Edwardian pastiche of the non-wild 'Honey Pie'.

7. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Ooh. You don't know what you're missing. There were 2 or 3 really good ones.

Sgt pepper likes this.
  8. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

So this is a strong rumor so far, we’re going to get the full set of Esher demos, a load of studio outtakes and a remixed album. [​IMG]

Fudgemaster likes this.
  9. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

Broke out my copy of the white album tonight, if this is going to be improved upon it will be fantastic I am sure.

10. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Looking forward to seeing the additional material being announced. I think they missed an opportunity by not remixing & expanding Revolver - definitely my favourite Beatles album. There’s a rumour that Beggars Banquet is going to get the same treatment as Satanic Majesties - that would be a treat.

ian r and Sgt pepper like this.
  11. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

I have also heard a November release. Good video here:

12. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

Pre-orederd the super deluxe box set. Looks like this is gong to be stunning:

13. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I'm tempted.

Sgt pepper likes this.
  14. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I recently played my original Beatles ‘Blue’ album and throughly enjoyed it. It was the music that mattered,
    not the desire to hear every nuance that a supposedly ‘better’ re-master might offer.
    Each song took me back to a special place in my life.
    That’s what was important to me...

Rosewind and docstocker like this.
  15. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

[​IMG]

Beatles / Project white

Sgt pepper likes this.
  16. DavidS

DavidS pfm Member

Honestly what's the point , I'm sure everyone that wants a copy of the white album has already got one.Cash cow perhaps or maybe Macca ls broke !The copy I have got dates back to its original release and has been unmercifully chewed by the old Dansette.Still hood enough for me.

docstocker likes this.
  17. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

Also has more than 50 tracks of unreleased material.

18. DavidS

DavidS pfm Member

The extra tracks are ok if you are interested in them , personally I get really annoyed when extra tracks are added to reissued albums , sort of goes against the original intentions.My opinion of course.

docstocker likes this.
  19. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

I find it hard to get excited about this, having got much of the unreleased stuff in various formats and probably only skimmed through it or listened to most of it once.

The only recording of this nature I keep coming back to is the 16 disc electric Dylan box - which, for me, anyway, is like listening to Rock's Sistine chapel being constructed.

I suspect that, much like the Dylan sets, this is a way of keeping all this material in copyright by releasing it before the 50 years is up.

20. Sgt pepper

Sgt pepper pfm Member

I thought at least there might be a little more interest here as there is everywhere else in this release...........appears not?