1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The best sounding piece of kit you've ever owned (or enjoyed the most)

Discussion in 'audio' started by Darren L, Jul 19, 2019.

1. benjaminreed1

benjaminreed1 Benjamin Reed

The Line Magnetic 518a takes jazz to another level in my home, then added some Audio Note speaker cable and makes me want to listen to more music across genres.

2. eevo1969

eevo1969 pfm Member

Townshend Rock II in Original wooden plinth with lid w/Audio Note Arm 3(not new one)
    Still gutted, what a fool!

nmtjb likes this.
  3. lazycat

lazycat pfm Member

My first LP12/Ittok. It opened my young(19 yr old) ears to a wider variety of music than I suspect I would have listened to, and enjoyed.

4. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Just encountered mine - a 9 year old Well Tempered Labs Amadeus GTAa turntable.

For the relative used price difference between it and the LP12 that it has supplanted, it's the largest step-up in sound quality I've experienced.

Strictly Stereo likes this.
  5. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

The red led Nait 1 has been my real ear opener in the 80’s.........how come I sold this little black box ???? ☹️

6. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I heard the same CD and amp combo with Focal Utopias - but the Utopias were just too lively for me.

7. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

My current amp, an audionet DNA 2.0, never before has music sounded so engaging.

8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe pfm Member

The best was probably a system I heard in the US at a dealer.
    Wadia source, rockport Altair speakers, can’t remember the amp. Just awesome.

9. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Another vote for the Linn LP 12 with Ittok but mine was with a Deca Gold cartridge : real organic music !

10. fur

fur pfm Member

Ruark Crusader 2 speakers - nicest speakers I've ever heard at any price.
    Accuphase tuner - again, the nicest.
    I have both !