1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The classical what are you listening to now ? thread.

Discussion in 'classical' started by TheDecameron, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

2. Electrostat

Electrostat pfm Member

Walter Gieseking playing Op. 31/2, 31/3, 49/2 and 53 from his EMI recordings from this Japan box set which I finally managed to find.

[​IMG]

3. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I played my first classical piece of music in 2020 last night and the chosen piece was... the mighty Mahler 3 by Abbado-Lucerne FO :)

4. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

5. herb

herb music live

A day of the symphonies and concertos of the Finnish composer Rautavaara. Very chilled and preferred to Sibelius perhaps.

6. Electrostat

Electrostat pfm Member

Bartok's Second Sonata for Violin and Piano:

[​IMG]

7. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

I think its what happened if Messiaen met Sibelius and they had a long but inconclusive conversation.

herb likes this.
  8. Tray

Tray pfm Member

I'm listening to some guys in a square in Poland playing Bach on accordions.
    It's quite wonderful and To this day I still wonder how people with so much musical Talent Stii Have to busk to make a living ?

9. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

Yes,I’ve been very impressed,over the years,at the musicianship of some Eastern Europeans busking in our streets.

10. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

11. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

I’d forgotten how beautiful Johann Hummel’s piano concertos are.
    Another child prodigy.He lived as a student for a few years with Mozart and later also had Salieri and Haydn as teachers.Enormously popular in his day but his music almost disappeared after his death.Has made something of a comeback in recent years.
    This is a gorgeous recording.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Piano-Conc...ds=Hummel+Naxos&qid=1579356420&s=music&sr=1-5
    [​IMG]

12. Electrostat

Electrostat pfm Member

Bach's Organ Sonatas:

[​IMG]

13. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

14. andolink

andolink Active Member

15. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

16. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

17. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

'Classic FM's Anthems' Charity shop CD.:D

18. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Anyone else enjoying R3's NGA celebration day?

As my interest in BBC TV offerings diminishes towards zero, resentment of the license fee has increased year on year.
    But this enlightened programme compensates for a lot.

19. BrianPK

BrianPK pfm Member

20. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I'm currently listening to Sibelius 1 from this box set (currently priced £19.24) :)

[​IMG]